Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba walleye netting report
A buddy of mine pulled the nets last week for the dwr and said Yuba is going to rock for wallies the next few years. They are jazzed about the great numbers and different age classes. Lots of walleyes and perch in the nets.

[#000080]To be fair to Extex, I started a new thread with the replies that went south from his original post.[/#000080]
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080]kentofnsl
[/#000080]
[signature]
That is good to hear. Looks like the boom cycle is about to begin!
[signature]
I have heard this numerous times but there are no pics or proof these walleyes are showing up. Can you or your bud produce anything? I also know a pro walleye guy that spent a good number of days on it with not so much as a a walleye bite. They say they are there but i am very skeptical.[Sad]
[signature]
I sure hope you are not telling stories it has been a long time since i caught a walleye out of yuba. I still remember the last one i caught it was a 21 inch stick. I know last year some were caught by accident but that does not mean that they are there in abundance. I plan on hitting yuba hard this year and see for myself if they really are there.
[signature]
we didnt get into any last yr. but i know they are in there not as thick as reported. alot of us will get them figured out this yr no worries about that. at least the pike bite was good last yr. caught some good ones every trip. we are in for alot of fun at yuba in the next few yrs. but i do have 1 question of the freind of this post. can you ask him just one thing? and send it in a pm if you dont want to throw it up out here. How deep did the set the nets? if you can find that out its all gravy.[Wink]
[signature]
A friend and I fished it last year for two days and got both pike and walleye some eyes was over 5lb and he fishes for eyes all the time as well but they would only hit one color lure...

They are in there have fun...

And you take some pictures so we can see that you can catchem...[Wink][crazy]
[signature]
OK Bassrods - I'll take all the pics ya want - what color? HA!HA!
[signature]
I went to a walleye seminar at the DWR on March 18th and at the end I spoke to Biologits Drew Cushing, he is the warm water coordinator for the DWR. He said that the Walleye at Yuba will be on th boom this year, and there are lots of age groups and perch to prey on. In another 1-2 weeks when the water is 2-5 degrees warmer, just watch how they will be catching them. Drew is a serious and knowledgeable guy, if he says they are there, they are.[Smile]
[signature]
Lets go. Call me.
[signature]
ok. i might bag utah lake tommarrow and hit it instead.
[signature]
I saw the pic and am a believer now. Thanks.[cool]
[signature]
I talked to Drew earlier this year on the ice and he has alot of the same views that us walleye fisherman have on the warm water fisheries in this state. I new after talking with him for just a few minutes that he wasn't from this part of the country. I was glad to have met him and share some opinions.[Wink]
[signature]