Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First trip of the season....
I went out yesterday for the first time here in Ok. It was no good. We just had a cold front move in that sent the temp down about 20 degrees from 80 to 60. I got in the water about 11 am. The air temp was 59 and the water was about 55.
I fished for about 4 hours before calling it quits. I talked to 5 boaters and none of them caught anything so I did not feel so bad. I threw about all I had at them to no avail. I think I should have tried some finesse fishing. It was nice to get out there and soak.
I went to a lake called RC Longmire. It is in south central Ok. I love and hate that lake. Its got great crappie and cats. The bass in the lake are big when you can find them. I go just for 1 fish per trip. I've pulled a 8 1/2 and a 9 pounder out of there. I've also seen some that were bigger. There might be a state record in there. The Ok record is right about 15lbs.
I took a couple of pics. They say alot about the kind of day it was. I would have taken more but I didn't see the need to. I think this is about the opposite of your beautiful moutain lake pics.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks and sounds like the best thing about the day is that you didn't spend it sitting around at home.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The best time to go fishing is whenever you can, but those fishies can get lockjaw when the barometer is going up and down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Makes you appreciate those really nice days when everything comes together just right.[/#0000ff]
[signature]