Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good fly fishing waters
This may be a stupid question but I was wondering where are the good fly fishing waters around here or does it not nat make a difference? Also what kinds of fish inhabit those waters?
Thanks in Advance
Rachael
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't know if you posted this on the fly fishing board or not, but we got lots of fly flingers on the board and lots of waters that are good for the long rod. In fact, of all the lakes and streams in Utah I can only think of one that would probably not treat you well...at one time or another. SALT LAKE. you gotta use a mighty small fly to catch those little brine shrimp.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Seriously, just about any of the more popular waters can provide great flyrod action for both troutkind and warm water species as well. Once you get a handle on some of them you will go wacko trying to figure out which direction to point your vehicle.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Like TD said. All the waters around here are good for flyfishing, you just have to decide what you want to catch and go to where there is the best chance.
If you want to catch fast water SNITS after work, Big & Little Cottonwood, Mill Creek, Parleys above the Upper Dell park.
If you want to drive an hour there is the Provo, Weber and Ogden rivers for larger trout on larger rivers.

That's just the streams and rivers.

There are community ponds all over the valley that offer fly oppertunity's. Some you can tube or toon on. There are all of the larger resiviors in the mountains and all of the small ponds in the mountians like Brighton and as far as you want to go.

I've hucked streamers to Wiper boils on Willard, striper boils on Powell, more 20" cutthroat trout than my shoulders could stand at strawberry, and for bass at Mantua.

If you want to flyfish, just do it, no matter what the water, find out what fish are in it, what they eat, buy or tie something close up and fish it till you catch something.
[signature]