Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Report 4-5-08
[Wink] Hit the bay today from 4 pm to 8pm.. Fished the northeastern corner again .. Fished all kinds of stuff from plastics, crankbaits, spoons, and spinners with very few bites.. Fresh cut sucker meat was the hot bait of the day .. Ended up catchin 7 kittys, lost 1 small wiper an caught a juvenile carpski.. biggest fish of the day a 4lb 3 oz kitty.. all in all a pretty decent day.. wind blew out the northwest most of the day than shifted to a southwesterly flow by sundown.. seen 2 boats out on the water.. I think in a few weeks if we get some warm consistent weather it should turn on out there.. I had dozen plus pick up an run with its.. fishin with a open bail was key due to the resistance issue.. fish on ..FISHAMANIAC..[Wink]
[signature]
Good to see that the cats are getting active. Is the water still as low as it has been?
[signature]
You did very well given the weather and water conditions, ou have some nice cats. What water temp. did you record? Were the cats hitting hard, or are they still not in a good mood?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Fine work. Once the sun comes out and the wind quits blowing for a few days the water temps should climb a bit and get the wipers more active.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got to bend your stick with some of the kitties any way. They always seem to be around to chase away the skunk. Those cats from Willard are some of the best eating too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice job and good looking cat, I wish we would have done that good on Friday[unsure]. WH2
[signature]
[Wink]Thanks for the comments an encouragement ... Yes the cats were very moody.. a whole lota pick it up an run with it goin on out there yesterday.. Had better luck lettin em take bout 10-15ft of line before i'd pull back on the cirle hook.. I also forgot to mention that i did in fact see 3 seperate mini wiper boils off the shore approx 75yds.. If we could just get some consistently warm an non-windy weather it would turn everything round out there for the better.. Fish on.. FISHAMANIAC..[Wink]
[signature]