Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware the vicious wolf!

Just check these videos out.

[url "http://current.com/items/88818168_little_red_riding_hood_lied"]http://current.com/...red_riding_hood_lied[/url]

Notice how they attack and stalk those who go near them.

[url "http://www.savetoklatwolf.com/photos/wolffootage_small.html"]http://www.savetoklatwolf.com/...lffootage_small.html[/url]
[signature]
Didn't you ever read Little Red Ridinghood! Healthy wild wolves in North America have never been reported to kill a human but there have been attacks reported.
[signature]
I find it very Sad that the first day they go off the endangered list 3 of them are shot in Wy. And around a elk heard, not cattle or sheep.
[signature]
Cool, if they will get that close i can use my 12 ga. instead.[sly]
[signature]
And the truth is:
[font "Arial"][#0099ff]Wolves killing calves in Cora country [/#0099ff][#000000][size 1](posted 4/4/08 )[/size][/#000000][/font][size 1]
[font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][#000000]Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online! [/#000000][/font]
[/size][font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][size 1]The early morning check of the calving pasture this morning was not a good one for a ranch in the Cora area of Sublette County this morning. At least two or three calves were killed by wolves overnight on the ranch. Fresh tracks in the snow indicate that two wolves are responsible for the predation. This is a different ranch from the one reporting problems with wolves in the calving pasture last week, where one was killed last Friday.

Related Links:
[/size][url "http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf"][#333366][size 1]Wolf Watch[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] - By Cat Urbigkit [/size][/font][size 1]
[/url]
[/url][/size][font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][#0099ff][size 3]Two wolves killed in South Pass area [/size][/#0099ff][/font][font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][#000000][size 1](posted 4/4/08)[/size][/#000000][/font][size 1]
[font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][#000000]Cat Urbigkit, Pinedale Online! [/#000000][/font]
[/size][font "Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"][size 1]Two wolves were killed in the predator management portion of the South Pass area on Thursday. The location of where these kills occurred is unknown at this time, but appears to be along the western flank of the southern Wind River Mountains, where the Prospect wolf pack has roamed in the past. Hunters have 10 days to report wolf kills to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.

Related Links:
[/size][url "http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf"][#333366][size 1]Wolf Watch[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] - By Cat Urbigkit [/size][/font]
[signature]
I didn't notice any attacking in those videos. Looked like they were minding their own business to me.

Every documentary I've seen, always say that wolves are shy to humans and would much rather avoid confrontation if at all possible. About the only reason they'd attack (and/or kill) people, is if directly threatened (like the human chases them), cubs are in danger, or they're so starving they can't get anything else (I've mostly heard this about cougars, though).
In fact, that's true for just about any wildlife.
[signature]
some people just gotta kill anything they see . . .like swan hunters
[signature]
I've killed 7 swans and plan shooting many more.[Tongue] I don't just shoot them to shoot them, they turn into a feast fit for a king for myself and my family.[Wink]
[signature]
I find it amazing that there are so many nut jobs out there. Peta uses "nice" images of wolves to promote their political agenda. I am surprised so many on this site support them.

Why would I make a statement like this? Because people on this site critisize others for legally taking an animal. Now this post of mine is not directed to Southernman. I already know he isn't a hunter or a fisherman. He is nothing more than a "troll" that tries to get people riled.

But maybe, for you other "anti wolf hunters" out there, you ought to do a little research about your beloved animals. Do a little research on the deer and elk herd in Yellowstone.

Also, ask a Wyoming rancher about his cattle herd getting killed by them. I am sure you never envisioned the big mac and double quarter pounder you "wolfed" down for lunch actually came from a wolf hating rancher.

Plus, believe it or not, wolves also like to kill for the sport of it. Kind of like those sickos that harm those poor innocent carp.

Here is some food for thought:

[#ff0000]EDITED: Pics too large to post inside.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
I agree and for the dog lovers out there, here is the facts about how many dogs those sweet little wolfs have killed.
Confirmed wolf depredation on dogs in Northern Rockies (Montana, Idaho and Wyoming):
1995: 4 dogs killed
1996: 2 dogs killed
1997: 4 dogs killed
1998: 5 dogs killed
1999: 15 dogs killed
2000: 11 dogs killed
2001: 6 dogs killed
2002: 9 dogs killed
2003: 6 dogs killed
2004: 9dogs killed
2005: 11dogs killed
Total: 82 dogs killed
Since 1995

It should be noted that these are the absolute minimum numbers of wolf depredations on dogs. Not all occurrences are reported or confirmed. Dog owners are rarely compensated for their losses.
[url "http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf/wolveskilldogs.htm"]http://www.pinedaleonline.com/wolf/wolveskilldogs.htm[/url]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Here's one that won't be hurting anyone or anything anytime soon![/size][/#808000][/font][Wink]
[inline KOcellphone078.jpg]

[inline Wolf.jpg]
[signature]
Your pictures do not necessarilly support your opinion that wolves kill for sport. The pictures show an elk killed by wolves and nothing else. In fact, wolf "sport" killing has not been specifically difined by Biologists. It is a human term coined to describe unexplained killings by predatory animals. Many predatros will kill and return a long while after, also there have been documented "territorial" displays, which use killed pray as "border" displays for wolves, lions, and other predators. Energy wise, wild animal "sport" killing does not make any sense. If wild predators went about "sport" killing, they would soon deplete their food source, as well as waste energy. Wolves in Canada have been known to kill, then leave prey for a few days. This mostly happens in winter, and after they return, they will drag it away to a safer spot for future use, call it "cashing" maybe, for harsh times. They may sometimes not remember where they have been or where they hid a particular kill, so it may appear to humans to be "sport" kill. There are also possibly other perfectly biological reasons for seing killed prey with no wolves returning. If someone stayed at the site hidden from view long enough, odds are the wolves will return. So lets all be more tidious and carefull before we blatantly and adamantly try to make a predator like the wolf, a "sport" killer.[Smile]
[signature]
"Wolves kill for the sport of it" total horse puckey! Total lies thats all there is to it.

I love Elk and would love to see these animals stay in our mountains, they taste good too!

Why don't they domesticate these animals like they do Reindeer in Russia?

I always had that desire because Elk are by far nutritious than cattle, no fat great source of protein.

I know about the anti-wolf sentiment here, but I totally disagree with it.

I'm no member of PETA, they are too extreme.

I respect wolves and always have.
[signature]
Also I would like to add the reasons for pictures of dead elk posted here are only to make others wrong about favoring wolves.
[signature]
Catfish,

What did you expect your thread to accomplish? You found some nice cute pictures of some wolves and posted them. Now, you act as if you are surprised I would post some pic's of dead elk.

Stick to the catfish biology on Utah Lake.
[signature]
I've killed about 40 bunnies in 5 trips to Lake Powell. So my truck has killed as many bunnies in about 10 hours as wolves killed dogs in about 5 years. My conclusion: My truck is WAY more dangerous than a wolf! It's just a good thing I haven't hit one of those damn cows that roam free down there.
[signature]
You've got a Titan, the only thing dangerous about that is owning it. Transmission goes out, brakes go out, let alone its a Nissan!!![Tongue]
TS
[signature]
Other side.. On a local note..They do at times kill sport.. From moose in alaska to Elk in Idaho..
[url "http://www.saveourelk.com"]Save our Elk[/url]

I would be interested in your response after you have gone through the site.. Go through it and let us know what you think..
[signature]
Has anyone ever seen the movie Never Cry Wolf ??? that guy lived with them for a long while in the tundra.... I didnt see him getting atacked and that was before computer animation could replace live animals...and I think alot of those wolves in the movie were wild. I could be wrong, but I dont think they were a trained pack.
[signature]
dude wolves kill people. and have in the us. not for a long time. but google it. look on youtube and watch a wolf kriple a deer. then come back and fead on it for days before it died. he wanted to keep his food fresh so he ate on it without killing it. its just a mater of time until 1 kills a litle kid camping or fishing some remote stream. ill kill everyone i see if i can. they should have never been brought back!
[signature]