Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Stroke Care
I have a couple of questions about Two Stroke enigines. Ive had several bad experiances with older ones through the years. How "touchy" are these things ? Should I run the engine dry by diconnecting fuel lines after everytrip ? It would just be nice to know if there are any tricks that might help keep me from sittin in the marina trying to get it started..... [Image: fish-on.gif]

Thanks in advance !!!
[signature]
There are several things that you can do that will help your motor run better. One of the things that I learned a long time ago was to run a good fuel stabilizer, I use Sea Foam. It not only stabilizes the two cycle fuel but also helps to keep your fuel ports clean by not allowing build up of varnish that happens with a lot of two cycle engines. As far as running your engine dry, it can help if it is going to be awhile until the next time you use the motor but I only do that over the winter. Since I started using Sea Foam(SF) my problems have gone way down. There are cheaper products on the market and I have used some of them but I keep coming back to the SF. WH2
[signature]
thanks for the reply and the suggestion.
I will look into that !

thanks again my friend
[signature]
Another thing you may want to try is renning your motor at home once every two weeks, or a few days before a fishing trip. If you already have a hose connector good, if not, many boat dealers sell them. You can get a descent one for about $15. You would not believe how this simple thing makes fishing and life easier. If there are any problems, you know before you head out. If not, the motor just runs and starts quicker on the water.
[signature]