Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard kitty
Got lucky the other night at willard. 32inch 10.1 lb the kitty was released for others to appreciate. caught 12 kittys between 4 poles. lots of fun. thanks for all the advice given from previous posts!
[signature]
Sorry here is a pic forgot to load it on my posts[Smile]
[signature]
Nice fish.
[signature]
That's a nice cat! Don't see too many biguns come out of Willard, but you know that they're in there.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice goin'. In the "olden days" that would be a good sized fish but not a braggin' fish. Had to be at least 15 for braggin' and there were more than a few of those.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, your kitty was a bit slim. Should have been about 2 pounds heavier for that length. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still, a good fish from Willard under current conditions. Good on ya for releasin' the biggun. The smaller ones are better eating anyway.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What was the preferred bait?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink] Thats 1 fine cat you got there deeds !!! Really glad to here that she was released too swim another day !!! too many fisherman would take that one home not knowin that it was a she who dumps many of egg into the bay each year .. Again nice fish .. fish on.. FISHAMANIAC.. [Wink]
[signature]
Most were hiting on carp meat, but did get a few on some shrimp with a little bit of vanilla flavoring poured on it. Also had one break my wifes line I didnt check drag before she casted out and when she finally had one run on her she hooked in for about 15 seconds and snap!! Let me tell you if the wife aint happy aint no one happy! That is untill I redeamed the loss with my big one Smile
[signature]
Nice cat man! I got into them a few years ago with a good friend and caught numerous 8#-10#ers. We kept a couple big ones the first time but decided very quickly to never keep the big ones again. They were not very good eating. Almost not edible. The 17" to 23"ers are the best to eat and plenty of meat on them. Once again, nice fish.[cool]
[signature]
That cat would have made a fine meal, cooked up on the propane grill. I guess, someone else will enjoy it then. It is good to know they are becoming more active.
[signature]
[reply]
Got lucky the other night at willard. 32inch 10.1 lb the kitty was released for others to appreciate. caught 12 kittys between 4 poles. lots of fun. thanks for all the advice given from previous posts! [/reply]
Haven't been to Willard yet. I hope to get up there soon. Any suggestions?
[signature]
North end, shallow water, cutbait.[Wink]
[signature]
LH2 said it right. Make sure to cast out as far as ya can because of water levels.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My favorite bait for catfish is a commercial product called “Magic Bait.” Jerry Clower used to advertise this product on numerous outdoor programs years ago. I buy it at Anglers Den in Roy. I use the shrimp flavor with great success. However, be prepared for the odor when you open the package. [crazy] It’s not called a ‘STINK’ bait for nothing. Damn this stuff stinks! [Tongue] But I guess that’s why the catfish like it so much. Good luck to you.[Image: fish-on.gif][/size][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Glad to see that you finally hooked into that kitty!....Now, please get rid of that nasty smell'in bait, that's stink'in up the neighborhood. I could smell it from my truck last night! [Wink]

Good work, Deeds!!!! That's a killer kitty!

-Striker
[signature]