Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibble Fork Report
Went to Tibble this morning, had planned on going yesterday but the wife wanted to take the kids swimming, so decided to go today instead. Got there at around 8:30, only 5 or so other people when I got there. The lake sure looked pretty, thought that might be a good sign, but no way. Started off with some garlic power bait, that was a no go. Switched to salmon eggs, that was a no go also. Took my bobber off and switched back to powerbait, green and orange this time, thought I would throw it out and let it float off of the bottom. That was no good either. Since I could see fish taking flies off of the surface, I tried dragging a fly behind a bubble, that was no good either. Went back to powerbait, rainbow with sparkles this time, well.....you can guess it by now, that didn't do it either.

Only guy that caught anything there was over by the damn, he caught 3 little ones, about 8 inchers from what I could tell. I walked by to see what he was using. He had two hooks on, one with powerbait and one with a worm. He was not using a bobber, just a couple of sinkers and letting them go straight down to the bottom.

So, not a whole lot of action there, should have gone to utah lake. There is still snow almost all the way around the lake. I took some pics which I'll post later.

I attached the pictures as promised. Sorry about the third one, I was using my phone and the exposure was way off, too much snow I guess.
[signature]
Thanks for the report I think I will give Tibble a try once the snow is gone I'm snowed out LOL.
[signature]
I was there saturday. Somewhat Slow Used lures caught about 4 or 5 little browns.
[signature]
Tibble Fork has probably not been stocked yet. Whatever is left over from last year, and survived the winter is probably few. Early in the season, a more productive trout method is jigging with tubejigs. Pick up some Berkley Powerbait 2"-3" Camot or Pumpkinseed colored tube jigs, on a small jig weitght, and you will catch your limit most of the time. Just cast, jig, and retrieve.[Image: fish-on.gif]
[signature]
I'll have to try that next time, I have an assortment of lures, but I was on the side with the long shallow spot and I didn't want to chance snagging it and loosing it.
[signature]
That's too bad....I don't own a single tube jig. Just gives me an excuse to go buy some. Thanks for the pointer.
[signature]
You will see that tube jigs will be your best universal bait. They produce the most fish for me, of any species.
[signature]