Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard (Report) 7 caught
I sure wish they were wipers. We were pulling into the south marina just as AFDan was leaving, around 6:15. We started fishing east of the feed lot and caught a 12 inch, one pound smallmouth right off the bat. It was the first fish I've caught on my new side planner and it was caught on a standard blue back Producer lure. There were a lot of people fishing from shore but I did not see anyone doing any catching. We made a few more passes without any fish and decided to try around the south marina. The water temp was 55 degree when we arrived but it had dropped to 54 and the wind had picked up, making boat control difficult. There were several boats fishing west of the marina, I think for walleye because the wind was blowing from the north. After a few cast with a jig and worm we decided to go into the marina to get out of the wind. I guess the pelicans had the same idea because there were over twenty around the boat docking area and they were catching one fish after another. We went into the little bay behind the long term boat docks, there the water temp was back up to 55 degree. My son put on a bobber and a worm and started catching catfish. By the time he had caught 6, it was too dark to see, so we called it a day. I've had a lot of days worse lately so even though we did not catch any wipers at least we caught some fish. OH yea, when I was trolling with the side planner a small duck was run over by the planner board and for a second I thought I had caught a duck, the planner went under and the duck disappeared. The duck finally came up but the little guy triped the board, I thought I had caught my first bird of the year, ha, ha. Lets hope it won't be long before it's "Wiper Time" WH2
[signature]