Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet Around Here
Not fishing so you have nothing to post?

Fishing so you have no time to post?

New forum bugs have you avoiding the picnic?

Cat got your Tongue?

Computer crashed?

Other?

z~
[signature]
[ul][li]Just too cold to tube. Too windy every weekend to take the canoe out.[/li][li]Reports around here fishing isn't hot yet.[/li][li]Can't post if I didn't dip a line.[/li][li]Waiting for the right timing.....[/li][/ul]
[signature]
Z

you're a poet

and dont know it.. [sly]

I been on line.. just no one else talking.. figure they are busy fishing.. or just busy..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Well. not tubing, infact, river. I am in Idaho Falls right now and had a blast at the fly tying expo today. Met a lot of great people like Jim Teeny and Dave Whitlock to just name a couple.
Got over to the power plant tonigh to drown a fly. Windy and cold so I used my Windcutter line and my 6wt. Threw out Mr. Ugly (a fly tied totally out of Ostrich on a circle hook sort of) Saw the indicator go down so, tightened my line and lifted tip. Very nice pull and was thinking Carp. I finally saw this Bronze back. I called to my Nephew..."Is there BASS in here?" He replied "YUP" There you have it, a 19" fat Small Mouth. Sorry no pictures, but what a BLAST! I am a basser now...WAHOO!
Who would have thought this portion of the Snake had them but, I guess they are in the snake down by American Falls.
ANyway, having a great time. Just have to see what happens tomorrow,
[signature]
sounds like you had a great day...

how long are you out of town??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Mac,

It's always Sad to be reduced to fishing online.

But then again, it's always good we have some fishing available online.

Nowhere else is there such a fine collection of avid addicts than on Internet forums like this.

Just about the time it starts to get warm around my neck of the woods, another cold front drops on us. One coming in tonight is supposed to bring snow levels down to 500 feet. (We're at 600). Will Spring ever arrive?

You SoCal guys don't know what that's about, I'm sure.

z~
[signature]
Great report FG. Glad you're getting some action. Those smallmouths are a hoot on a flyrod.

Tells us about the "circle hook sort of" you mentioned. I've seen 'em. Never used 'em. Especially never used a fly tied on one. I understand you don't set the hook - just tighten the line.

You have a pic?

z~
[signature]
[quote Bluegillman]
[ul][li]Just too cold to tube. Too windy every weekend to take the canoe out.[/li][li]Reports around here fishing isn't hot yet.[/li][li]Can't post if I didn't dip a line.[/li][li]Waiting for the right timing.....[/li][/ul][/quote]

BGMan,

I hear you. The calendar says spring. The sky says winter. Global warming I guess.

z~
[signature]
Z,

I am originally from St Louis so contrary to my fellow Californians I do understand that there are actually four season to a calendar year..but.. living in Cali for so many years has thinned my blood quite a bit..

... while I sympathize with those of you living in states where you live with the aforementioned four seasons I do not envy you... now with all of that said I have to play weatherman and tell you that while I have been at work all week the weather has been warm... the type weather where you have a bright sun to warm you.. a blue sky..a full moon.. perfect conditions to wet a line.. yet I cant go out till the weekend .. and that is dependant on what chores need to be done that could not be done during the week..

.. so when I can.. I go out and actually wet a line.. and pray to the fishing Gods that I may catch at least one fish (and neither the Gods or the fish have been cooperative) so I console my woes by coming on line to listen to.. and ask questions of those very experienced and avid anglers on this board who have so faithfully listened to my questions.. answered them.. offered advice.. consoled me in my times of not catching fish.. and always with a Smile and a hand out in friendship supported me in my learning more and more about this wonderful sport that we are all addicted too.. [Smile].... the only thing I would trade a small portion of my time on line is time on the water..

.. I have plans to go out tomorrow.. but the weatherman is saying it will get cold tonight with a chance of drizzle to light rain... so unless we are in a complete downpour and I get my chores done in time I will be on a small lake near my house.. hopefully with my fishing buddy and see if one or the other of us can bring a fish to hand..

.. btw.. if I do get out and am lucky enough to hook a fish I will definately post on this board...

...stay warm and hopefully the fishing Gods will see fit to allow a small break in your weather so that you have the chance to wet a line...

MacFly
[signature]
Mac,

Ah, blue sky. Sun. Moon. I think I remember those.

I lived in the Redding, CA area for the first 30 years of my life and though we had some seasonal change to notice, the spring, summer, and fall were usually very nice. Here we get about 5 months max and the rest is rainy and cool/cold. By some standards our winters are mild though - at least we have soft water.

I don't want to whine too loudly because I did get out for a couple of hours last week and found this 8 pound carp which was very happy to give me a nice tug on the line. (Didn't catch it from the tube, though.)

[inline carp2.jpg]

[cool]Hey, its a fish!

z~
[signature]
Been a while since I tubed, doing the boat thing as of late. May get out and play with the halibuts soon.

AT
[signature]
Great to hear from you AT. I really like your new avatar. Nice bass.

z~
[signature]
Z,

while I know I was gloating a bit about my weather compared to yours I hope I did not over do it..

..as for that carp. I think I may of caught his distant cousin a long while ago on my newest fly rod (first and so far only fish on that rod.. ).. it was about 1/8th his size and more of a fluke than anything.. so I can honestly say I am envious of your expertise in the fishing realm...even if your weather is not quite as nice as mine... and your ability to more consistently bring fish to hand..

maybe one day.. with lots more practice .. I will be able to get rid of the skunk smell that seems to surround me on those days I am able to get out on to the water..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Mac,

I'm envious of the weather. I'd gloat, too. I don't miss the many, many people competing for the resource, however. We still have some undeveloped fishing areas around here - something I grew up with but had begun to miss during my Cali days.

Oh well, as long as we have a place to fish, we're blessed.

z~
[signature]
your waters are the envy...seems out here that if the water has fish you have stiff competition to find a spot to fish..or in some cases you pay to play...I am not complaining here.. just stating fact.. I dream of a day when I can get onto some water where space is not being fought for and the waters and area around it are clean.. pristine.. and so inticing that no matter you may need to leave.. in your heart you dont want to.. to a point where you linger until the last ray of light is gone.. and you go home .. tired and spent .. with a huge grin on your face as you remember every second of the time you spent on the water..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool]You're the poet, Mac. I'm just a duffer.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Over hear in Utah the ongoing weather forecast is "FAIR AND SUNNY WITH FREQUENT HEAVY WINDS AND SOME SNOW AND RAIN." My last three tubing trips have all been trashed by UNFORECAST north winds.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, last Saturday we had a little shindig with the BFTers over here...tubers, boaters and bankers...on Utah Lake. I did not post a report on the tubing board. Sorry. There are a lot of pictures and some of the replies also have pictures so I will just...[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=407703;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]HERE'S A LINK[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
OTHER...
I haven't had time to fish much lately due to the process of buying my first home. The weather on my days off hasn't been that great for the tube anyway. Wish you west coast guys would stop sending the wind.[:p]
[signature]
lol.. I think we both do a good job of getting our point across... [Smile]
[signature]
[quote Out4aFloat]OTHER...
Wish you west coast guys would stop sending the wind.[:p][/quote]

Hey O4F,

I shout at the wind every time it goes by out here but it just keeps on goin' by.

z~
[signature]