Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wiper Tournament 2008
I will coordinate this with help from anybody LOL.

This is what I need to know

Payment: 2 ways to go

1 Everyone pays their own way and a small fee to enter the tournament for prize money. Limited to under 50 anglers.

2. To rent the Eagle Beach Day Use are will cost $100.00 for the first 50 people then $2.00 for each person after that. There is also a $100.00 cleaning deposit. The fee to enter will be based of covering cost plus prize money.

Tournament:
I was thinking about 3
1.for Wiper
1 for Catfish
1 for Trash (kids only)

Bar-B-Cue:
Same as Catfest

Prizes:
Wiper- cash
Catfish- cash
Trash- DONATED prizes.

The date I was looking at is May 18, 2008 but that is open.

That is as much as I have done and it is not set in stone. The Park Manager is out of town next week so we have one week to decide on details. I will make sure all the paperwork is done and we are in compliance with the rules all the other details will be up to the people involved.

Back to you
[signature]
don't forget about the state park special event permit. $50 plus $10 per participant
[signature]
As excited as I got, my bubble was burst!
The only way I could do this is to pay my own way (it's $9 at Willard, if I understand right), or donate $10... whether or not I'm in the tournament. Also, the only date I could go is 16th, 17th, or after the 20th... 18th and 19th I'll be on my birthday vacation in Wendover (wasting even more money!).
[signature]
Seems like they are trying to keep away events rather than encourage them.
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] Seems like they are trying to keep away events rather than encourage them.[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]They just might be, at that. But, from their perspective, "events" mean nothing more than a lot of extra work and usually a lot of extra litter to pick up. There are more than a few events where the cleanup deposit is not refunded. Everybody seems to have the idea that cleanup is "NOT MY JOB".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Is there even enough water to hold a Tourney in May??
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]"Enough water" is not the only consideration. There will likely be enough water in the north marina to float your boat, but there are no docks in the water. When more than one or two boats are trying to launch or trailer it gets a tad intense. You gotta believe that if we had any number of folks that showed up for our tournament...and then put them into the mix with all the other weekend horde...we could have a mess.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, the south marina is not an option. No water there at all. Can't even launch a tin boat...if they open it. Tough to launch a tube or toon there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's what I thought [Wink]
[signature]
It was worth a try but it's not going to happen this year.
[signature]