Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Visitor
Hi everyone

I'm an avid fly fisher from the east coast of Canada and I will be in Salt Lake City May 3-7. I have tried to book time at a fishing spot for 1/2 day but none of them have replied to me. I am a keen conservationist and a fair fly fisherman and I would just hate to go all the way to Utah without casting a line. Is there any trout fishing during my time in Salt Lake City? Can anyone help me find a spot to fish?
[signature]
Plenty of places to fish but many are dependent on the weather and amount of runoff this time of year. The tailwaters of the Weber and Provo will probable be fishing fine and are an hour or less away from SLC. There are small streams that flow into Salt Lake Valley that might be fishable if you don't have much time. These include Big Cottonwood, Little Cottonwood, Mill Creek and City Creek. They can be brushy and are best fished with a short light rod. American Fork is another small stream just a bit south that also can fish well this time of year. Diamond Fork and Thistle Creek which are 60 -90 minutes away also can fish well this time of year. Most of the higher mountain streams probable won't be fishable but there are always exceptions. If you have time on May 4 let me know. I'll probable be going fishing somewhere. Send me a private message and if things work out I would be happy to take you along if you would like.
[signature]
Take him to the spots you go and he will be guaranteed a fish Riverdog. Very cool of you to offer. Don't forget the Fly Tying Expo this weekend!
[signature]