Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Out
Hey fellow floaters. I'm happy with my late last fall purchase of a tube. I want to take it out and get a lot of use out of her. I used it before the ice started at the berry a couple of times and it worked out great. I will mostly be fishing Deer Creek and Utah Lake this summer. What are some good techniques, baits, spots to try seeing that previously I was a bank tangler. I really appreciate any advice. Thanks again! Hope to see some of you out there!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Now the fun begins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are quite a few Utah tubers on the board, and we have posted a lot of reports over the past few years. If you take some time to look back through the archives you will be able to pick up a whole bunch of info on specifics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Deer Creek will probably stay low this year, and that will keep a lot of the pesky power squadron off the water. Good for us tubers. You can launch a tube anywhere you can get to the water. However, those spots are not always the best. But, if you launch at the State Park ramp and kick up onto Walsburg, you will usually find good fishing for all species, without having to go too far. Spinners, flies, jigs and worms will usually get something.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For Utah Lake, it is just starting to warm up and turn on. Good fishing for cats right now and it will be getting red hot for white bass and walleye soon. Lots of good spots around the lake for tubing. I fish the Lincoln Beach area a lot because it is easy launching, not as many boats and usually some good fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am attaching a couple of writeups I put together for the Utah board...on fishing Utah Lake for cats. But, there is a lot of info in there that can be applied to other fishing too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]