Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Muzzy?
Hey Guys,

I am in the market for a new muzzy and wanted to get everyones thoughts/suggestions on which one to buy. I have heard good things about the options listed above.

Can you give some personal insight on these guns? Also, what am I missing from the list that should be considered?

Thanks for any and all help! [cool]
[signature]
Thompson Encore Pro Hunter!!! 28" Stainless Fluted! Spendy but a great gun. I will never get another Muzzy again thats not stainless cleans up so nice. M.H.
[signature]
You had to add the Encore on there didn't you? The Encore is a Rifle/Muzzy, it's a great gun but not what you're looking for. It's going to run you at least twice as much as the others too.
I would narrow the options to the Omega, Triumph, and the Apex. The Triumph is kind of the "Updated" Omega.

There may be some other Muzzys to consider too. Maybe someone that has had experience with other guns can chime in and give you some advice.
[signature]
I have an Omega and so far it's been great. Actually, since I got skunked on my draws for rifle I'll probably be going archery and muzzy this year. I might actually get a chance to harvest something with it.
[signature]
I absolutely love my White. They are sometimes hard to find, but well worth it. I don't think you can get a new one, I got mine used from Gallensons. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in.
[signature]
I have a friend that has a White and he loves his too. I'm partial to the 209 primer system, I have witnessed his White muzzy misfire countless times, while my Omega has been fired over 75 times and never failed.
[signature]
You can get a 209 primer on the White.
[signature]
I have a Rem ML700 first years model, and an 3 year old Omega. Both guns shoot well, once you find a bullet powder recipe they like. Either of them are good but for the price I would get the Omega. It is easier to clean up. Another gun I really liked was my friends Knight. That gun shot absolutely perfect. It is a few years old so it's not the quick open action style. I looked at the Knight Revolution before I bought my Omega and didn't care for the feel of the Revolution. They have a new one out now and I have not checked them out either.
Good luck and spend a lot of time trying new powder and bullet combo's until you find one that works good.
[signature]
Sweet! Maybe that's something he should look at then.
[signature]
Elkoholic hit it right on. I dont think that the gun matters as much as the load. I shoot a Rem ML700 and the best load I have found is 90 grains of powder with a 385 grain great plains bullet. I have seen a few friends that have shot 150 grains of powder because their gun can and have had horrible groupings past 100 yards.
A friend of mine has the omega and it's very nice. He still has not killed nothing with it yet though! It's always fun to watch that bull hit the ground so practice, practice, practice.
[signature]
Thanks for the info and advice everyone. I think I am going to go with an Omega.. looking forward to dropping a bull with it! [cool]
[signature]
A lot of the TC's don't shoot conicals well supposedly because of the QLA - I have an omega and a triumph and both are tack drivers with sabots - with conicals they are a lot less accurate. I am going to test some of the new hornady bullets as soon as I can find them which is non saboted - similar to a powerbelt. I really like the TC's because they are easy to clean but if you are going to hunt a state that does not allow sabots look at the knight rifles. I own two of those as well and they shoot everything pretty good. The trick is to find the sweet load for your gun once you get it.
[signature]