Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
invasive species or what ?
i've seen this fish twice now , looks like a baracuda with eyes the size of a 50 cent piece , huge teeth , bright silver in color . about 30" in length .

i tried the d,n.r. website but it's limited in pics , anyone got a site to check out fish species pics ? this one has me stumped !
[signature]
[center]is one of these what you saw?[/center] [center][Image: LongnoseLancetfish.jpg][/center] [center][Image: goldeye.jpg][/center]
[signature]
looks a lot like the top one but has larger eyes ( really big eyes ), large scales like a gar or a carp has , bright silver in color , as shiney as a crome bumper no dark spots at all . all the fins were webed and had the same bodystyle as a northern . big teeth too !

iv'e been searching all kinds of data bases on species of fish pics . but nothing yet . it has got to be the scariest fish i have ever saw ! i'm thinking some kind of fish from a freightors bildge or an exotic fishtank pet .
[signature]
the one in this pic is primarliary a salt water fish but dose swim up river where it lives till it dies and washes up on shore like this one did. that is why this one is so dark it was found on shore.
[signature]
it's close to what i saw , but i think i will check out the library to see if there's anything there .
[signature]