Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFF TOPIC FB2 injured
Hi guys and gals, Thought I would let you all know that FB2 went donw on his bicycle this evening. Just got back from the ER and he has a broken clavical. Man can this kid take it! I broke mine once also and it hurts like the dickens,

He came in knocked on my bedroom door. I said come on in. Take one look at him and know something is up. He says dad I think I broke something. I ask what? He says his shoulder. I take a look, see the big ole knot and off we go. I asked them when we got to the ER to call the radiologist in (aint small towns wonderful). The nurse said aren't we getting the cart in front of the horse? I said no we are not, I know he lives 20 minutes away and my kids in pain. But then what would a dad know huh? After breaking nearly every bone in my body at one time or another. Well we have to wait for the doc (about 5 minutes but I bet FB2 thought it was a week). He takes one look and its call the radiologist, I gloat and say see I told ya so <grins>. 20 minutes later the man arrives takes 4 different pictures and sure enough he has a broken clavical. Into the infamous shoulder harness, only know they call it a shoulder cast in size large.

He's pretty bummed right now and in a lot of pain. But says he is still planning on attending the BFT cook-out at Willard. Said he'll fish one handed if he has too! Gotta give it that boy he do love his fishing and certainly has the metal. Well i just wanted ya all to know. So those who are going to attend be gentle on his right side. As tempting as it may be no big pats on the back for the time being.
[signature]
That's unfortunate. FB2 get well soon, and we'll leave a couple fish for you to catch after you mend.
[signature]
FB2 glad you will feel well enough to attend the
Fish-N-Feed but I am sorry it happened. After a few weeks of heeling you will be back on the bike again. If you want I will reel in all of your wipers for you.
[signature]
we're in the chat room!

sm
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hi Road, sure hope that FB2 is going to be alright. My son did the exact same thing only he was 4 years old. with that harness on he looked like he was ready to take on the world.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] One thing for sure that I learned is that these kids of ours are very Durable and can take it. Hope to see you guys at the lunchon on Saturday.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] [red]AFDan52[/red][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sorry to hear of your injury, FB2! So you're going to fish one handed? I got to see you fight a 5 lb wiper with one hand! Just getting the rod out of the holder can be a chore for us mere mortals after the inital strike! Good Luck and I'll see you guys there![/size][/font]
[signature]
[blush]
[signature]
Fishboy2 , hope you get better soon . Sorry to hear of you're accident . Man I would want just to stay home if I were you and get that nursing care . One hand fishing . A true die hard !!! [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry to hear about FB2, I hope he heals fast. WH2
[signature]
Hey FB2, Sorry to hear about the fall bud. Get well soon and I hope all goes well.
[signature]
Hey Fishboy2,

You were probably thinking about fishing when you crashed....right?...Get well quickly. Enjoy the fish-n-feed, take down some grub and some fish for me!
[signature]
Sorry to hear about your accident FB2. Hope you mend fast, for the summer is upon us.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Road, ,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I know that technically FB2 is your kid. But I think all the regulars here on BFT-Utah think of him as our own fishing kid. I sure hope he'll be well enough to attend the Fish-n-Feed Saturday. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It's hard to keep a good man (kid) down. Give him our best ...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Hey FB2! Get better soon! You don't want those fish at Deer Creek to get all relaxed without you stalking them [Wink]!

Best wishes,

ES
[signature]
Hey FB2,

Sorry to hear about the big ouch. I broke mine when I was 8. Man does that hurt! Your dad is right that you must be tough as nails. When I broke mine, in our basement, the neighbor from three houses up the street came running to see what all the screaming was about.

Hope you get feeling better soon. Take care.
[signature]
Road,

I'm very sorry to hear about FB2. I hope he gets better soon. I have a boy also and he seems to break bones on a regular basis. It' almost harder on a Dad to watch your son suffer. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Good Fishing and Fast Healing, Kayote
[signature]
Speedy recovery to FB2. I can only imagine the pain. I've had 12 shoulder dislocations on my left shoulder before I had it operated on. It sucks to be in pain. Again I wish him a speedy recovery.
[signature]
[size 2]My buddy Rick broke his collar bone last year and you could still fish with a broken shoulder. It's quite interesting to watch somebody who's imparred trying to reel with the cast and land some big smallies. I'd say with the broken arm he won't have an excuse to not go fishing all the time. Take some of the pain pills and he'll be game for just about anything short of rock climbing. [/size]

[size 2]Get well from all at BFT.[/size]
[signature]
well glad to hear that old coot. I am okay and will be at the fish n feed.
[signature]
fishboy2, hey, hope it wans't your casting arm?[Wink] Oh well, sounds like you're a die hard fisherman so i'm sure you'll find a way to cast . Get well soon!!![cool]-TIBBZZ-
[signature]