Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Pond too crouded?
I'm new to this site, I signed up almost a year a go though but regretfully haven't been back until now.

After some reading, you guys got me excited for Willow. I work 3-9 AM on 21st so I know what I will be doing after the shift until school starts again.

However, sounds very crouded for a Sat. and my wife and I want to get out but fear the the Weber and Provo are too muddy, any word on the water for either?
[signature]
Hey Greenguy,
Dont let the crowds keep you away from willow. There is goodd fishing all around that pond. The only concern is if you are flyrodding you will have to watch the wind. At least I do because of my casting limitations. That being said, I just came from there(sat ) and I landed 6 rainbow in the north cove with the wind out of the south.Was fishing just outside the weed beds 20 ft out. So the wind might not be to much of a problem. If you are spinning just fish where it looks good to you.[Wink][Wink]

hope to see ya there
pa
[signature]
Pa,
Me and my wife went this morning (sat.) We may have crossed paths. My wife has a pink flyrod which is easy to spot. Anyway,The fishing was good. The open spots that we found were on the north end. We started with leach patterns but my wife got tired of the salad so we put an emerger pattern on with a strike indicator and she had a lot of fun. Thanks for the reply
[signature]
yep I saw you. I was the one across from you. My go to there is a chironomid. see ya
[signature]
Missed you guys but it was a lot of fun at the EXPO. People from other sites and people I haven't seen forever.
Glad you got into some fish today though.
[signature]
I fished right next you for a few minutes. I saw the lady in pink with the pink fly rod catch a pink fish (well maybe rainbow colored.)
[signature]
I'm really excited about this place because I work on 21st south and Redwood on the grave yard shift, so it will be nice to go in the morning right after work. I have an employee that just got a flyrod for graduation and it seems like an awsome place for him to learn the feel of casting without having to worry about snaging on stuff.
Anyway, thanks for the posts. Oh, I missed the expo, I knew about it but I thought it was at the S. Town Expo, to my dismay, I was wrong.
[signature]