Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Mix Bag 5-3-08
Headed up to Willard Bay Saturady morning and had my first hook in the water by 6:45am. Not sure of the water temp, but the bay was calm most of the time. Had a few breezes here and there, but nothing that was constant.
I was the only one in the area fishing from the bank. I saw one tuber, and several boats drift by.

It looked as though most were chasing the Wiper. I was not, but at about 8:30 "WHAM!!!!" I had a floater out, trying to figure out the depth I was in, and boy let me tell ya, this fish was hungry. I never expected a wiper to hit as hard as this one did. He fought pretty good to. This was my first ever Wiper, and I am hooked. Now I just need to get some lures for' em. Tagged another a little later. The biggest was about 3 or 4 lbs. (forgot to weigh it)

As far as for the kitties, I had a lot of bites, landed about 7, and I think I kept 4-5 of the finsters. The biggest was about 4 lbs, but all were pretty healthy.

Take note, the midges did make their presence known, but didn't bother me. Check out the pic that I took of them.

Get your bug juice ready!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice. How do you like my little pond? PM me to let me know what area you fished.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Congrats on scoring the wipers. Now you are done fer. They get to ya. Fine eatin' too. And I know you will like the kitties from Willard. None better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You truly are a catfishgitter!

I' m getting my junky inflatable boat ready as soon as Cabelas send me the battery. I just need to get the inflatable registered. And by the way, its official, in Utah you have to get your inflatable boat registered if you are to put a motor on it, even electrical.

When you register your boat and get those "magic numbers" on your watercraft it insures June Suckers won't be eaten by Walleye at Utah Lake.

The money you pay to get your boat registered just goes to the state, contrary to what they say at the Utah government website about boat registration. "By registering your boat you insure the future of Utah's waterways."

Yeah right! The money just goes to the state, they don't spend the money you pay to get your boat registered to any of the states waterways, I just doubt that. I'll let anyone here at BFT figure that one out.

"Getting your inflatable boat registered will help keep Walleyes and Catfish at Utah Lake from eating June Suckers."

Thats about how stupid boat registration is. Strictly my opinion.
[signature]
Ssshhhhh........ You're not supposed to let everyone know how tough those wipers are! If they all knew they wouldn't fish for anything else [Wink] Congrats, it sounds like you had a good day! Fred.
[signature]
[Wink] good job on the wipers !!! It only takes one trip of catchin those hybrids to be addicted to em.. pound 4 pound they are up in the top 3 for freshwater fish in my opinion.. They also fare pretty well on the table too .. especially the smaller ones 1-2lbs.. Fish on..Fishamaniac..[Wink]
[signature]
That last picture makes me sick! I hate those Willard swarms [frown]
[signature]
Looks around stunned, did you say you went to a different lake? did someone buy you a map? how did you figure out there is another lake in utah than utah lake? LOL looks like you had fun glad you caught another type of fish other than catfish and i bet that wiper takes great.
[signature]
I kept hearing to much about it. Had to try it out, and it worked great.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#400080][size 5]Going to head out Thursday, [:p]PM me on the area you were at, Thanks for the post, and now you are hooked, those dudes are fun to catch. he he[laugh] How deep is the water there, I have a 14 1/2 foot flat bottom, hope it works out.[/size][/#400080][/font]
[signature]