Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunked at Jordanelle???
We hit the Nell at 7:30 nice calm day we headed for a nice cove of mine (yes its mine I claimed it with an X on the water[Wink]) ...

By we I mean GSP and I, he wanted me to show him how I drop shot...

We moved around to different spots and he got a fish here and their, Then we headed for the best spot on the lake where GSP got one fish after another ME I was net boy...

He got browns to 20" and about 20+ bows and bass all came on the Mojo drop shot weight with the gulp minnow...

Oh yes the SKUNK well thats was on me TROUT SLIME...[crazy][Wink]
[signature]
I was there today too. On the water at 0630. I caught a bunch (maybe 20) rainbows, two browns, and three smb. I tried jigs and even drop-shotting gulp minnow, but the only thing I caught fish on was a rainbow lucky craft pointer. I'll have pics in the morning. No size to the bows or smb, one 20" brown. All of the fish I caught were in 10ft of water or less.
[signature]
Yep same water depth....
[signature]
Hey bassrods, it was nice to meet you today on the docks, we were the ones just headin out as you were pullin in. We found some good fish today, two browns over 4lbs , and several others over 3 lbs, no way to measure the lenghth but they were dang nice fish. We caught 8 browns and three rainbows today which was a big improvement from last weeks 20 rainbow, 3 brown day. Fish On!
[signature]
Bassrods, Just wondering which of the two boat ramps you would recommend launching from? Or does it matter? Thanks, Zugbug
[signature]
Nice going Clifford and Dr. G. It looks like you guys really had a good time together. [Wink]
[signature]
I would launch from Hailstone unless you have a small boat and don't want to motor all the way over to Rock Cliffs to fish. The launch at Rock Cliffs pretty primitive, I don't think there is a courtesy dock.
[signature]
Use the mane ramp, the one at rock cliff is out of the water and the runoff has that end of the lake is now very muddy as of this morning with junk all over the water
[signature]
Hey Bassrods, I was wondering why you like the Mojo drop shot weights better then the rest? Also do you just cast and wiggle the rod tip or do you ever troll really slow? Could explain your setup, I'm very interested in know how you rig them? PM me if that is better. Thanks for all the posts and info that you give!
[signature]
He was fun to fish with, and a great days fishing...
[signature]
I will shake it if the fish that I want to catch like it that way...

Trout like it when you shake it a lot (but little shakes) and then pause for a 4 or 5 count and if you cast it out reel it slow as you shake it...(but keep it on the bottom)

And yes I do move the boat reel slow and shake or drag it some times, If the type of fish that I want to catch hits it when it is being dragged and not shaken then just drag it...(Do what the fish want)

I like Mojo cause they work the best...

Lets take the ones that are round, they snag all the time and are in only one size no good...And in the long run cost more (hooks and lures lost)

The ones like a bell same thing as above but more snages...

Now the copy cats they look like Mojo but use clips that are cheap and bad (most say you should tie a knot to keep them on) + they cut your line if you pull much when you try to put them on and they are fatter and snag more cause of size...

And if you need a lighter one and you have say only a 1/4 oz Mojo you can cut off some of the weight to what you want...

Mojo's come in a pack of 8, the copy cats come in packs of 6 so they both cost about the same...(per count)

I hope this helps...
[signature]
YES!! it helps alot. thank you!! Where can I buy them is the other ?? Thanks Again!
[signature]
Sportsman warehouse has them or you can get them from Mojo Lure Company on the web...

Or if you have a place you buy tackle and such ask them to carry them...
[signature]