Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat tires help ???
Hey I need some new tires and rims for my boat trailer. Can anyone tell me where I can find some they are 480/12" 5 lug rims.
I was given a 5 hole chrome 480/12" super trail tire and rim that if I could find one like it I would only have to buy one tire and rim to have a match set. any info. would be greatly apprectiated as I need them with in the next 2 weeks. thanks and good luck fishing
[signature]
[#000000]you might try the lesschawb in riverton on redwood. ask for Bret, tell him chuck sent you down and tell him what your looking for.[/#000000]
later chuck
[signature]
Les Schwab, Big O, or Discount can all help you. I like Les Schwab . They are getting to be all over, they have excellent service and if the tire goes bad before it should or you get a flat. They have fixed it for me, no questions asked, no charge.
[signature]
You may want to have them check the date on the tire you were given too. With trailer tires, its not the wear of the tire that causes problems but the age. Especially if your running a single axle trailer. I have many trailers and many times I replace tires with 1000 miles on them that have gotten to old. Its just not worth losing your rig over. Just sharing some advice from my years and a few experiences.
[signature]
You might also find a matching rim at one of the local car salvage yards. That is what I had to do for my boat trailer.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 4]In SLC off of California BLvd and about 3600 west there is a tire place that only deals with boat and RV rims and tires They deal all over the world and if you go there most of there stuff is 30-50 % off the prie off out lets, I got tires for my RV for 55$ a tire and it is a 35 footer with 4 rims and tires, PM me and I can give you the exact location, and name. hope this helps,sorry on the spelling in a hurry>[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
thanks guys for the info. I will have to start calling and get some so I can get out on the water before I go nuts. thanks again
[signature]
Try Henderson Rim & Wheel on 3rd. west & about 1900 south in SLC. They are on the east side of the street. My luck with them has been nothing but good.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I agree with Geezer on Henderson Wheel and Rim. They also have a store in Ogden.
[signature]
Also on 12" tires it is worth it to buy the 6-plys. Those poor little things spin so fast and have no mass to them to help disipate heat that if even slightly underinflated (daily temp fluctuation will do it) they will heat right up and come apart. Once i bought 6-plys from Les Schwab for my boat and little atv trailer, I did not have one problem. If I remember they were only about $8 per tire more than the 4-plys.
[signature]
thanks guys I called henderson's and Les schwab and got some prices on some six ply radials. they both have them in stock. I just have to get down there and pick them up. thanks again for the help
[signature]
its always good to have a friend in the tire buisness[cool]
[signature]