Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Coyote attacks in 5 days
Saw this on an outdoors website and thought it was worth sharing. Technically not about hunting or shooting but it could be[Wink].

Melissa Rowley left her children playing in the front yard for only a moment to step into her house.
[Image: abc_coyote_attack_080508_mn.jpg]
There have been three coyote attacks on small children Southern California in the past five days. On Tuesday a coyote grabbed the 2-year-old by the head and tried to drag her towards the street.
(Getty Images/ABC)
[url "http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=4052409"]More Photos[/url]
When she came back a coyote was dragging her daughter away.
It was the third time in five days a coyote had posed a threat to a small child in Southern California, San Bernardino Sheriff's spokeswoman Arden Wiltshire said.
The coyote grabbed the 2-year-old by the head and tried to drag her towards the street in the mountain community of Lake Arrowhead on Tuesday.
When Rowley came out of the house and ran toward her daughter, the animal released the girl and ran away.
Rowley took her daughter to a hospital where the toddler was treated for several puncture wounds to the head and neck area, and a laceration on her mouth.
She was then flown to Loma Linda University Hospital for further treatment, although her injuries were not life-threatening. She was released from the hospital Wednesday afternoon and is expected to fully recover.
[signature]
Dirty Buggers!!!

I took the young scouts out to Antelope Island last spring and while they were playing down on the beach about 400 yards away, I was looking for deer with my binos. It was probably a good thing that I had my binos because when I looked down to check on the kids, I saw a pack of coyotes (5 or so) running full speed right at the kids. I have never run so fast in my life!!! I ran toward them screaming and yelling, and they finally got scared of me (Or thought I was retarded) and ran off.
I had never seen coyotes act like that before. I did notice that there was an uncontrollable amout those dirty dogs out on the island. We saw between 10-20 dogs out there and we weren't looking very hard either. We actually had one run up on the road and stop in front of the car.
[inline "Dirty Dog.JPG"]
I think the DWR really needs to organize a dog hunt out there before they totally destroy the deer and antelope populations.
[signature]
That's a Sad deal there. The DWR could attempt to control them but the tree huggers would cry animal cruelty or some BS. Same with the loins out there.[mad]
[signature]
You should have stepped on the gas and played like you were having road rage![shocked][sly]
[signature]
Wouldn't a suppressed .17 HMR be nice???
[signature]
That To[cool]
[signature]
CRAZY[crazy]
[signature]
Dang government will just call the federal trappers and get rid of the dogs that way. Taking all the fun away from the sportsmen getting a shot or two off on them vermin. oh well plenty of dogs elsewhere to call in and kill.
[signature]