Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton for the bass.
I am going to be hitting newton through out the week if there is anyone who would like to come join me your more than welcom. I hit it saturday and had a great time for the bass and then of course the muskys. Here are a couple pictures of the bass last weekend.
[signature]
I have to get the starter on my boat fixed/replaced and if I do by next weekend that is where I will probably head to!!! Did the water come up all the way? I dont recognize where some of your pictures were taken at, but then again I went right at "ice-off" when the water was a little lower than I am assuming it is now!!! Good luck this week and hopefully you can get back into them and I can get up there next weekend!!! Let you know if I do for sure!!!
TS
[signature]
I was also there on Saturday. I immediately saw a hook up for a muskie that went about 30 inches. The two men in the inflatable boat seemed like they were drunk reeling that thing in. I was dragging a jig trying to find the crappie and I finally found some after 2 hours of working in the shallows. They were still deep in about 30ft of water. No size to them. I did hook into muskie and it quickly broke my light line. The lake lacks about 5 feet of water to be completely full. I water is very clear and can see 20 ft down pretty easily. Until it muddy's up, the crappie will not be hitting the shallows with those fang tooth monsters hanging around. I spotted a few muskie in the water next to structure waiting to ambush. I did see a few successful anglers catching some bass in the coves. The lake is about 3 weeks out til really good crappie fishing. As for muskie they are hungry and are easy to catch. 1 muskie to 1000 casts is not accurate for Newton. Any dimwit can catch one there at least every other visit. I went probably 30+ times last year and had hook ups at least 85% of the time even when I wasn't targeting them. Yes I know, I am the greatest. [Wink] Anyway, waiting for the water temps to increase.

Bassattttic it looks like you freaking kicked butt. I go to Newton quite a bit in my small boat. I often have an extra spot. Anyone can PM if you not crazy. This includes TubeDude and all moderators. [mad]
[signature]