Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunlock, Quail, Sand Hollow
Fished Gunlock last Thursday night, the temp. was right, weather was right, water clarity was great but only saw one bass and had one bite. I don't know what's going on there so Friday we hit Quail. 61-66* water temp. Lots of males on beds but only boated about five females, the rest were males. I even saw some bass get their freak on [shocked]. Beds were in between 2-8', largest fish was around five lbs. My buddy caught a smallmouth out of Quail, I didn't even know they were in there. It was healthy, around 14" or so.
Sand hollow was a blast, it appears that the spawn is almost over and alot of hungry fish are cruising in 4-15'. The area near the primitive camping produced the most fish, 1-2 lbs. but the big rocks near the marina produced the biggest fish, 3-4 lbs. with some dinks mixed in. The bigguns came out at dusk on a crankbait bite.
I polished off the weekend by having a blowout on my boat trailer on Sunday near Paragonah. Of course, the one thing I left behind was my spare tire with the lug wrench next to it. Luckily a guy coming back from an FLW tourney at mead who saw us at SH stopped and let me use his spare tire, I brought it back to him today. Of the hundreds of people who passed us he was the only one who stopped.
[signature]
Thats because BASS FISHERMAN RULE[cool]
[signature]