Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent pelican reports?
I've been invited to fish a tournament up there and was wondering if anyone had a recent report/driveby or anything useful.
[signature]
Been to pelican the last two Sundays. Last weekend was better than the week before.We were able to catch fish on about anything we tossed.Caught the most on small black jigs, Crappie jigs would be the best discription of these. The largest fish we caught were on small black bombers. Fish the edges of the weeds and plan on loosing some gear.Good luck
[signature]
Yeah, things were looking good today for the pelican...

[Wink]
[signature]
When is the Tourney so I know when not to go. My crystal ball sees a scouting trip in your future .. hehe
[signature]
This Sat. and Sun., no time to pre-fish.
[signature]
I fished Pelican on 5/3 and caught more fish than I ever have in my life. Blue gills hot and heavy on the North side, bass on the South and West sides. Biggest bass were in the NW corner. Holy cow! We picked up 4 or 5 that were 2 - 3 lbs. and my buddy caught one that was 4+. We flyfished tungsten head green or black buggers under a strike indicator (3-5' depending on bottom depth). Twitching was the key. Hmmmm sounds like jigging. We put back everything we caught so the big'un is still there! Good Luck!

- pretty funny seeing blue gill sucking down a size 8 bugger!
[signature]
I will be there on friday for some fun...

Just a hint its beddy bye time for the bass at Pelican now....
[signature]
That's the kind of report I was hoping for, have those dang gnats come out yet?
[signature]
Gnats are out in droves! Comes and goes through the day. The heavier the gnats, the hotter the bite! Too bad we can't genetically engineer the little turds to taste like butter and garlic with twist of lemon. As it is they wiggle in your mouth a little, but have no taste.

I am going to pick up a couple of those head nets Cabellas has so my kids can fish there.

Good Luck in the tourney - please post a report (winnings) on return.
[signature]