Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield, again
Took a theraputic trip to Scofield today. No hurry, had sweet wife with and didn't arrive until about 10:00. Beautiful day and great fishing. Caught my usual 8inchers and also took some dandy bows and tigers. Bigger fish averaged right around 20-22 inches and they were beautiful fish. Minnows seemed to be the only thing. We fished from the shore just below the State Park. It wasn't fast and furious but it sure was fun catching those big 'uns. Take a minnow trap with if you go or a casting net. I put my trap in with a bit of bread in it and had all the minnows I could use in just a few minutes.

I enjoyed the trip even though my heart wasn't in it. I lost the best fishin' buddy I have ever had a couple of weeks ago when my 14 year old grandson was killed in a tragic accident. He was a great kid whose biggest joys in life were huntin', fishin', and wrestling. He was counting the days until school was out so we could have more fishing trips together. I'm really not handling his loss very well and the trip today helped a little to remove that kicked-in-the-stomach feeling that I just can't seem to shake. I really loved that kid. I miss him. I miss him a lot.

Enough of my troubles. Get up to Scofield asap and take a kid with you. And don't miss the chance to tell 'em how much you love 'em.
[signature]
Sorry to hear the Sad news, nothing fishing can;t take care of. God bless your Grandson and your family for such a great loss to humanity.
[signature]
Glad you caught some fish ans I am very sorry to hear about your grandson.
[signature]