Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on some old but new reals
My brother bought some reals 20 or so years a go and went fishing once. He gave me the reels a few years ago. I know very little about reels and when I walked into one of those three story fishing stores the other day I realized I know even less than what I thought.

Anyway, later this year we are going to go on vacation in Florida and I'm just going to fish for a week, so I decided to get these reels my brother gave me out and start cleaning them up. I need to know if they are worth it or if they will be okay in salt water.

The three reels are:

Abu Garcia AmbasSadeur Ultr Mag XL plus baitcast

Shimano Quiickfire II FX200 spinning

Shimano Quickfire AX 200Q spinning

I did find a diagram on these, but it's not real clear. If anyone knows where I can find old instructions, that would be great. I don't want to start taking them apart and have a spring go halfway across the room.

Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
[#008000][cool]Hi Ernie - I wouldn't use them in salt water. That is why they have reels designated as salt or fresh water reels.[/#008000]
[#008000]Fairly inexpensive salt water reels are available from practically all manufacturers. Check out BassPro for a good price.[/#008000]
[signature]