Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River 4/30 report
Hello everyone..went fishing yesterday despite the stormy weather and I'm glad I did.

Went to the Weber above Morgan, between the Ranch Exit and the Taggart Exit from about 1-6pm. If you want to know exactly where send me a personal message, and I will try and get back to you with the best directions possible.

Temps. in the low - mid 50's, wind off and on around 10-15 mph, cloudy for awhile, then the sun came out for a couple hours and there was an excellent BWO hatch during that time. Fish were rising to the surface caught 10-15 browns, a couple cutts, and a few whites. On the surface I was using a ginger/blue dun parachute with a olive/gray body size 16.

After the sun went away I switched back to a 2-fly set, and settled into a honey hole. There I used 2 different flymphs; one simple on of just peacock herl and ginger hackle, and the other one was a fly I tied just to see if it would work, it did. 2nd fly was the same as the other just except with gray dubbing and a gray hackle, I also wrapped a tail of red string through the body. I'll try and take a pic of these flies and post them.

All in all it was a good day, just me, some crows flying around me, and the occasional ducks looking for a place to land, oh yeah and there was the fish.

So to rank this day I would say it was a "b/b+".

If anyone has a question please feel free to ask, I will try to get back asap, but I'm only online a couple times a week.

cya...Barbless
[signature]
[Smile][size 1]Hi Barbless just wonderin if you usually catch a few cutts on the weber cause I don't remember the last time I caught a cutt on the weber Usually browns, bows or whitefish [/size]
[signature]
Hey Hoobie , I haven't fished it much the last 2 years , but I hook some big cutts on nymphs out of the Weber . Some days in the summer I've hook as many as 10 cutts in a day along with many browns . Browns are more abundant . I've even hooked a 18" bow on a hopper fly in a patch of foam . I just love fishing the foam . If you want to catch the planters (bows) try a glow bug (red) even in the middle of summer . Some of my favorite fishing holes are posted no tresspass now , so I been bum out about losing the fishing there . tight lines
[signature]