Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Saturday
Fished DC Sat. from 7:00 A.M. to noon.Tried to fish up on the North flats, but the water is muddy, 49 degrees and full of sticks and weeds.As soon as you leave the muddy water, the temp shoots up to 56. Fished the rocky shoreline with jigs. Not a bite. Put on a Lindy no snag sinker(1/4 oz.) and a Northland rainbow worm harness and caught an eye in 18 feet of water. Straight out from the island about halfway across the lake. Put a tandem(1/8 and 1/16) jig setup on another rod with mister twister green/black core,4" tails. Caught another walleye on that setup and missed a couple. 18 feet again. Don't know how fast I was going. None of my speedometers would read that slow. Not going fast enough to keep the blade turning on the spinner.It just kinda wiggled back and forth. Just puttering and keeping everything on bottom.
Lake was flat calm.

Ramp has a closed sign on it. but folks are still launching off of it. I launched from about fifty feet south of the dock and didn't have any problems.

Don't park on the beach. You will get a ticket.
[signature]
Great detailed post Bob, thanks for getting on here and posting. I've missed reading your reports my friend, I hope to read some more and maybe I'll feel better about getting up to Deer creek early this year[Wink].
[signature]
Need too know if I can launch our 22' Trophy or is it to shallow or worth the time ?
[signature]
Launched an 18' Cresliner inboard with the outdrive trimmed up half way with no problem- suspect it would be the same with your Trophy. We went right off the concrete ramp, while almost everyone else went off the sand beach, so I suspect it might be even safer there= less rocks.[Smile]
[signature]
Also, should add that we also caught our walleyes in 16-22' of water on the west shore on flats, not dropoffs.[Wink]
[signature]
I plan on going to dc on tuesday. Any advice?
[signature]
Hey Curt, DC is awesome now with the low water and no power squadron. No water skiers and only two jet ski's on Sat. Best day of fishing DC in years. Of course the catching could have been better. Maybe sometime after memorial day we could meet up in Orem again and put a hurtin to the walleye population.

Take care my friend.
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]