Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow, Medium, Fast Fishing this Weekend..
[font "Times New Roman"]The best way to describe my weekend fishing was slow, medium, fast. The green river was very slow, the lake was medium action, and the bows from shore was lightning fast action. The guided trip was a disappointing we only boated 5 fish two salmon and 3 pup macs. We were out of Lucerne bay and tried for the trophies for a couple of hours but no hookups. We got back about 3 pm and me and my buddy did some target shooting. I call it that because the bows were spawning and stacked up on the docks like crazy. It was like shooting fish in a barrel (never understood that term) we got a couple dozen in an hour or two and decided to give the spawners a rest. About ½ way through our fishing people saw us just killing it and they decided they wanted to smell what my breath smelled like. We had about 14 people get elbow to elbow with us. They were fishing bait and thought they hit the gold mine! The next day we had some remote troll problems cut our trip short and some sleepy campers that really cut the day short. We did manage to boat some kokes (by the way they were delicious!) and had a estimated 8-10lb mac that came unbuttoned from the lucky before it got to the boat. We finished our night at the green where the flows were still really low, we both stuck a couple but none in hand. Everyone we spoke to had similar results. It was a fun trip and boy oh boy what a difference downriggers make you can really control the speed and depth of your presentations now I just need 15K to get that new boat…. Here are some pics I hope you enjoy! [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0190.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0186.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0184.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0182.jpg][/font]
[Image: 103_0181.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report. What did you catch the kokes on?
[signature]
Thanx for sharing your report and pics orvis1.looks like a good trip.i was wondering how deep was the kokes and what were you using?.[Wink] How much was gas in WY?Thanx alot in advance.
[signature]
Which guide did you guys go with? I bet you really enjoyed looking at so many 'bows. Did you see any real big ones? This time of year, I have actually seen big Macs chase some of the smaller bows right up againts steep-sloping shore lines.

The Macs are all spread out this time of year, I will bet they are mostly chasing 'bows and kokanee. This way they are much harder to trick. But the Gorge is always worth the trip.
[signature]
This time of year is always fun at the ramp. I had the same thing happen last year when we were catching them at the ramp. The next morning we could not even get a line in thankx to the onlookers with newly purchased gear.
We went out with conquest expeditions the guide was really nice and I learned a lot about trolling mainly that I have a lot to learn. We caught kokes on green and yellow criplures trolled behind a rmt dodger. We hit the macs on tasmainian devils behind an RMT dodger. We hit the big ones on luckycrafts and flatfish. The guide also was having luck on a pink spoon that looked real old school. I had a bow on that was about 26" and about 4lbs that took line from the ramp to the middle of the docs and snapped me. The bows were healthy nothing under 17" but nothing over 21" but in spawning colors and healthy! The kokes were better in buckboard than lucerene but we did run over some pods of macs you just had to search for them. You can get kokes on the lead line but need the riggers to hit the macs. Should be a great place to spend memorial day weekend!
[signature]
Sure thing, orvis1
[signature]