Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Porcupine Kokanee Regulars?
I was just wondering if any of the few Kokanee fishing regulars I see at Porcupine are on this forum? I troll the res at least 1-2 times per week through the summer for Kokanee (and occasional trout). PM me if you fish for Kokes up there regularly. I am looking to swap some information and hopefully create a little network of Porcupine fishers.
[signature]
[Image: fish-on.gif] [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]I made three trips up there last year. I hadn't been there but once in the preceding 20 years. I plan on several trips up there this year. You will recognize me by my 16' Tracker Varga with a BFT sticker on both sides of the windshield. I'll be fishing for kokanee only any time I'm there. I also drive a white Chevy, plate number 'DUK HNTR'.

PS: I caught kokanee every trip last year.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
ive never fished it. but i got riggers last yr for kokes so ill be trying all the koke water this yr. im in a black and tan smoker craft sometimes with back tahoe others with 78 chevy half ton camo. plate # huntnut .[cool]
[signature]
Hi guys, I fish the Pig myself with Petty from time to time. We always catch a bunch of those little Silver Bullets.

AFDan52
[signature]
Shhhhh[Wink] The pig is my other home away from home. Im up there probably more than I am the gorge anymore. Don't tell anyone about the pig[Wink]
[Image: 2394924925_15a06ea550.jpg?v=0]
[signature]
I like fishin' the pig myself. Hope to be up there more next summer...too busy this summer building a stupid house[frown]
[signature]
Anybody successfully trolled for the kokes at the pig yet? I figure it is about time.
[signature]
I don't know why you guys get so excited about catching those little tiny kokes up there. Sure they are good to eat, but why not go catch something bigger elsewhere, or at least try for the big browns in there.
I go to Causey and catch kokes every trip when the water clears up. If not kokes, we catch all kinds of other little trout. Those lakes are fun to mess around in, but not something that i would dedicate all my fishing trips to.
The kokes in there are no bigger than 15 inches, are they? Nothing like catching 3-4 pounders at the gorge.
Anyway, have fun up there guys.
[signature]
Let me know how the fishing, or rather the 'catching' is these days...

I was up there at the Pig a couple weeks ago and even though we marked fish all over the place, we couldn't get them to bite anything. Then the "W" came up and blew us off the lake of course. I'd like to head up there again soon, when the 'catching' is better.

Does anyone know if it's been stocked recently?
[signature]
Matt, Ive caught 16" kokes in porcupine, and caught some nice browns on kokanee gear. I fish it because you can put anysize boat on it. I dont fish Causey much anymore because i dont have a boat i can put on it, well i dont have any boat. I've caught alot of good kokes up to 18" at causey. both causey and porcupine have some great scenery and is very relaxing. I try and get to the gorge as much as i can to fish for the big ones.
[signature]
How are the launching conditions at porcupine? I have wanted to try there for some time, but I was worried about launching our boat. We have a 17' Tracker Targa.

Thanks
[signature]
you will be fine, dirt/gravel ramps 3-4 places around the lake to launch, no official launch ramp
[signature]
Thanks for the info on the ramps. I am hopeful to try it this weekend.
[signature]
Hookjaw, you are right... Porcupine is a terrible place to have any fun. Please do not waste your time by going up there. In fact I think they drained it [Wink]. I have heard that eating fish out of those waters can can cause thick, black back hair.
[signature]
[quote milenine]Hookjaw, you are right... Porcupine is a terrible place to have any fun. Please do not waste your time by going up there. In fact I think they drained it [Wink]. I have heard that eating fish out of those waters can can cause thick, black back hair.[/quote]
Thats what I heard, now it's just a tiny little creek... Just have to burn all the fuel to head to the gorge.[fishin]
[signature]
Porcupine is terrible. Please tell all your friends and neighbors and help spread the word.

Let's keep the thick black back hair away! Away, I say!
[signature]
I launch up there with a 19.5 cuddy with no problems! It is a fun place to fish and quiet. I will spend my 30$ in gas to go there over 250$ for the gorge[frown]!! M.H.
[signature]
milenine wrote:[/quote]
Hookjaw, you are right... Porcupine is a terrible place to have any fun.[/quote]

When did I say it's a "Terrible place to have any fun"? I just wondered why it's so popular. Don't get your undies in a bundle.
[signature]
I figure it's popular because it seems to be a great place to dump your garbage. I hoping that the land owner puts a clamp down on camping the east end. Never ceases to amaze me how trashy people can be and in particular this state. What a wonderful thing we have here and still people trash it.
[signature]
Can someone tell me where Porcupine even is? I've heard but never known where it is.

Just out of curiosity of course, so I can avoid it later ... [Wink]

-DallanC
[signature]