Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint color
Tubedude, I know you use the electroflect vinyl paints do you have any pics of anything that you have painted with the candy chart yellow, on white base and bare lead?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I bought just about all the colors they offered in those "clear" colors. Some I like better than others. I do not have any pictures of the chartreuse over white...or bare lead. But, the chartreuse is a good color over white. Questionable on bare lead.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The candy red and the bright blue both work well on clean bright lead. But, I prefer to put them over silver glitter. Gangbusters. And, the pink makes a great pink stripe for rainbow trout finish...either over white or white with silver glitter. I have made the rainbow finish on several spoons, spinners and cranks. I usually use the bright blue on top, and then a line of pink and then a white glitter belly.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The one thing I have found about the darker colors...like red, blue, purple, etc...is that you cannot paint good eyes on them. When you paint a white dot, the color of the Electroflect paint bleeds into it. If you want eyes on any lures you paint with that stuff you have to use the stick on eyes.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Guess ill tell you what im doing im taking the glow humdingers and taking the tape off them and putting the translucent paint on the so it gives color but also glows. i'll post a pic once i get one done
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thinkin' outside the tackle box again, huh? I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i just put in my order to barlows. ill get one done as soon as i receive the paints
[signature]
Have any pics for us yet?
[signature]
[quote Out4aFloat]Have any pics for us yet?[/quote]

I took pics but they didnt turn out i need to figure out how to take a pic of them so it turns out
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Some of those exotic colors do not photograph well inside, even with a flash. Either use a scanner or take them out into natural light and see how that works.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Or...we could get together for some fishing and I can shoot them with my camera. It usually does a pretty fair job.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i need to get some of the red paint and mix with the orange to darken it up. plain orange just aint dark enough for me. i call it the petty humdinger
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I do a lot of the color blending for my paintjobs. Just be sure to start slow...with a few drops and work in more until you get what you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, if you are working with the Electroflect, you can had some hot red regular vinyl paint to the orange EF and it will not mess up the clarity much.[/#0000ff]
[signature]