Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge in Early July
I plan on spending a few weeks in early july at Flaming Gorge. Looking for big lake trout or anthing big. Where are the big fish during that time?Thanks
[signature]
Well, I only fish the gorge in the spring, so I wouldnt be speaking from expirience here, but if I were you I would start out deep off the points and humps near anvil, along the steep hillside north of lucerne marina, and out deep on the antelope flat. But like I said, dont take my info for too much value, its all just a bunch of guessing since I have never been up there in july that I can remember. I could tell you where to get into some fish right now, but who knows by july.
[signature]
Eric,

Are you fishing from a boat, if so does it have downriggers? I can't hook you up with Smallmouths, don't know much about them, I can help you out with some Trout info. Let me know, boat or beach.

IFG
Boat with a downrigger.
[signature]
Eric,

I'll write a reply to this tonight when I get home from work, check it later.

IFG
Well, if the macks leave you with your rod in your hand looking Confused, it's a great time for smallies. Fish the long points with crayfish grubs very very early in the am. There are some beautiful four plus fish to be had. The smallmouth are always willing to play, of course I may be a little biased LOL.

Good Bass Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hi Eric, good to have you on the BFT site. I saw your post on utahfishfinder and that you are from Colorado. I grew up in the southern part of Colorado near Durango. There are a few guys on this site that can give you some good info on the Gorge, one of them is the moderator of the Wyoming site. Have you ever fished for wipers in Colorado? WH2
[signature]
Eric,

I'm in the process of making a new post called Gorge July. In case Pred or BLM ever make a Gorge link....hint.....hint!

IFG