Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay rain
I felt for you there milenine. I will get with you on that pm tomorrow. Fishing in the rain has always been good. Especially with a little shelter. Fishing was stellar. The harder it rained the faster the action seemed. Wiperhunter2 , Wiperslayer and I still got the gortex wet. I will say between the wipers and the walleye we saw over 30 fish boated today. It rained so hard the fish didn't know they were out of the water. It got slow around 5 when the weather started to get nice go figure. We ran double side planers so the fast and furious wipers gave us some time to brush up on de tangle lines. The Church boards worked well. As my solid ones did but when the lake got real rough they start flopping around and there is a limit to how bad it can get before you have to give it up to find smoother waterer. Any way tired and need to wrap up the weekend. I fished willard all three days and saw nearly 50 fish boated. Pretty worn out here.
[signature]
I'm quite shocked you guys did so well...good on ya. I would have guessed the cold front would have given the fish lock jaw! Nice report and thanks for sharing.
[signature]
It was a surprising day, I had my doubts when we arrived around 8:45am or so but it turned out to get a good day. Right off the bat we started catching fish and it was fairly steady all day. We finally got off the water around 5:30pm but just as we were about to leave, we caught one last fish to end a great day. Thanks Dan for a awesome trip out in the mighty Reelfast, I'm sure we would not have stayed as long without it. Here are a few more pictures.
[signature]