Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stupid stupid stupid!
fished willard today by myself,great day only caught 3 but two were realy nice 23 or24 inchers o ya wipers. was coming back in to the s marina just cruising along,not paying attention.looked up and im right on top of the island boey. immediatly cut the power hadent hit yet glad i was only going 35. well once i got her to a stop i was in 1 foot of water.boat was not floting to well with 82 gals of gas and my fat but in it.never hit anything solid like rocks just mud thought id just rase the prop a little and dig on out of it wrong.i was throwing mud 60 feet, got out and started to push from the rear headed for the east. with only one marker you dont know where in the hell your at on that island.some guy in a litte boat came over as i was pushing,asked him what the depth was where he was 2 ft goodanother 100 yards and im ata here.real tufff pushing a 22 ft tropy with all that gas finaly made it to deeper water and got out of there.ya think what they charge to launch they could afford a few more boeys.comon utah steel header i know yer lurking.any ways my own fault water in marina 2 to 3 ft once you hit channel 6ft.
[signature]
Yeah, that really sucks for people who don't know exactly where it is. I am mad about the fish cleaning station being still closed.[mad]
[signature]
that is open the Sad thing is ive been boating willard for 40 years. just wasent paying attention no damage though. that mud is pure clay had to really dig my toes in toget any tracktion.
[signature]
82 gallons huh? Where exactly do you live?[:p] What time do you go to bed?[blush] With gas prices as high as they are you have to watch people. I am purchasing locking gas caps for the wifes vehicle and my truck (diesel), just cant trust anyone anymore which is a Sad site in the great country!!!
TS
[signature]
its garaged with a yard light and a nine mill by my pillow.[cool]
[signature]
Glad you got off the island. I talked to another boat that did the same thing. I think the mark bouy is on the north edge. Oh, I was the guy in the little boat.

Thanks for the tip on using the Rapala.
[signature]
LOL. you will burn more gas to get to bigbucks house then you will get out of the boat.[:p]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][fishon]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Big Buck,
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Uttarheel is correct; the buoy is on the north end of the submerged island. You can bump it with your boat and you’ll be in about 8 feet. Go another 30 to 40 yards south and you’ll be in 2 feet. I fish there often in my 16 ft Tracker Targa (75 hp OptiMax) with no problems.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Always, always, always pass that buoy on the North side and you won’t have that problem again. There used to be TWO buoys there in 2006; I don’t know what happened to the south buoy.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Better luck to you next trip out.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."