Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5/31/08
RAK and myself launched from the north marina at 10:30. Picked up a walleye and a small wiper in the first hour. It took a couple more hours untill out next hook ups, boated 2 small mouth bass close to the shore line. Went on a dry spell for about 2 hours then hooked up with another walleye and 3 more wipers. started heading back to the marina about 6 o'clock and hooked in to another sm bass. Not a fast catching day, had our slow times and fast times. All in all a good day on the water. This was RAK's first time on willard Bay and she ended up with the biggest wiper, a 21 incher my largest was a 20 incher. The walleyes where about 14-16 inches and the largest sm bass was about 14 inches. All fish where released.
[signature]
how was the water level? im trying to talk TS into taking me there once im done with my tour. thanks!
[signature]
Nice report Mike, I wish we would have done as good yesterday[frown]. I hope the catching picks up for the morning fishing in the next couple of weeks[Wink]. I'm sure this warming trend that is starting will make a difference or at least I hope it does, Good looking fish.
[signature]
The water level is low and most likely will not get any higher. Its comparable to last year, if its drops a couple feet it could be hard to get out of the marina.

Hope you get back in time to enjoy some wiper fishing.
Thanks for your service to our country.
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty good day to me. We need to hook up and go again. Thanks for the info.

cc
[signature]
Nice work Mike. You still up to Weber???
[signature]
Yep, still at Weber like your dad.
[signature]