Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Phase 2
I decided to start a new post on Henrys simply because the lake is changing and the conditions are changing.

I started the morning fishing a couple of spots that some kind BFT users had clued me on in PMs. It was difficult to fish anywhere in the morning because the wind was blowing so hard I could not hold my postion in the pontoon. I finally picked up a nice 24" hybrid. Sorry no pics I was fishing by myself. I finally went into the county boat dock area to find refuge from the wind. I caught a couple of cutts there but they are not in there in the numbers that they were a week ago. As the day progressed the weather got worse so I went to the truck for a nap. By 5 o'clock the lake was in huge white caps. Thinking the storm had to give up sometime I launched at the hatchery around 6:00. I was trying to get out to the hybrid hole but it was a fight to gain every inch. My strength gave out at the same time as the storm did and I ended up fishing the hatchery hole. The fishing got hot from 7:30-8:30. I landed 8 hybrids between 18-21." I was using BSflies olive crystal bugger with a tail. I saw a boat that was catching them on the California leech. I was fishing type IV line because my type III is worn out. It worked out ok because the weeds have not come up yet.

My goal for the day was to get into the hybrids and so my mission was accomplished.

If any of you have never got into the hybrids they are worth the pursuit. Everytime I hooked into one I thought this is the big one. I had two take me into my backing. Where else can you find a twenty inch fish that will take you into your backing?

Good Luck to anyone who goes out. The fish are no longer hugging the bank.

Windriver
[signature]
Wow. That sounds like a full day. I have not yet caught a hybrid but I will certainly look forward to the day I do.

Your comment about the fish not being near the bank is disapointing. Does this mean that us "land locked" fisherman should save our gas and seek our fix elsewhere? (We are driving from Pocatello.)
[signature]
I just got a report that there are still some cutts near shore. Maybe they are moving in and out? What do I know. I was just reporting what happened on that particular day. Things can and do change.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Windriver
[signature]
go up and try it between the boat dock and the cliffs you might hook up some nice fish. Henry's is finicky some days a blast some not but its always relaxing just to be out wether its on the banks or in boats
[signature]
You are certainly right about that. A bad day fishing is still better than a good day in class (or work)!

We are planning on trying it Saturday eve. - Sunday morning. Really appreciate the tips.
[signature]
Maybe Poky-mon will be there. He keeps rubbing it in our face at how close it is for him...ARGH! But we have the Berry and Scofield.
I want more reports about the "H" I am loving this!
[signature]
I'm working sat so no go
[signature]