Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ( Report)
Well , as I was saying as I was leaving Willard , I headed for Pineview . Just in front of the storm . Got up there about 4:00 pm and suited up with waders ( Pineview foot soldier ) and boots and hike down to the lake . I stop by where a little steam was dumping in to the lake . Most of the flooded brush was almost cover . Made my first cast with the same jig I was throwing at Willard . Lemon Yamamoto grub . Dropped perfectly in to the spot I wanted and I made 1 jig pull and slam !!!!!!!!!! A big muskie just slammed my jig and made a surface appearance . 8 seconds later it was history on my 8# line with no steel leader . Felt like I just rode in the rodeo and got bucked off . I was looking for a chair and a beer to rest my heart and of course retie another jig . Changed my mind and went to a small rapala . made a few cast and thought about losing a rapala , so I switched back to a jig . After about 20 more cast to that area with out nothing , I moved on . Moved to some more flooded brush and hooked (foul) 2 carp . but seen some more muskie stirring the water . Worked my way out and was casting to the brush and nailed this nice SM bass 16" [Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0281652.jpg]

Keep fishing nailed 1 more SM it was about 12" . found the channel in that area and worked it good and had another slam but it got free before I could see it . By the looks of my grub it must of been a toothy critter . I can believe I left my muskie rod at home with all my gear . LOL tight lines everyone
[signature]
Nice post. I was going to head to Pineview, I could kick myself for not going. Those clouds you posted had a big effect on that choice.
[signature]
I got there right before the storm hit . Thunder crackin', wind blowing , fish jumpin' , rain pounding . I got soaked pretty good . They seem to shut off after the rain , but I had the north arm to myself . I scared up more fish as I moved around in the willows , and missed some others . This is what I nailed the SM bass on . I think I got in the big cup of jigs from cableas .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0303445.jpg]

I haven't really pursue bass here in Utah .I have no idea what I'm doing but am going to figure it out . Boy this was fun !!

tight lines
[signature]
glad to hear you got into some muskys. hope when i heal i will too.
[signature]
Well I did hook 1 or 2 that day . I only seen its head and upper body . It made short work out of my line with its head shake . It looked to be big in the belly like it just ate a 3 pound carp . If someone catches one with a lemon jig in its mouth , send me a measurement . So I can say the one that got away . LOL I'm not so sure I would want to take on one of these muskie in a float tube . Might be more than I want to handle . From shore I feel better about landing a toothy critter with more control , and feet on ground . tight lines

dang it !! one more post and I lose my perch icon . and I never caught a perch during this time . I guess I could quit posting until then . LOL I'm posting too much !!
[signature]