Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Plans + Big Winds = Bid Disappointment
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, as most of you know by now, the Willard Fish-N-Feed was a bust. I'm just now getting back on-line after licking my wounds for a while.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The day started of great. Plans and work for the big dinner had been going like clock work. My brother (Bait_Caster) and his sons headed out in my little 14 footer for some morning wiper fishing before dinner. Then a Willard's "perfect storm" hit. It didn't take long for me and the cooks had to submit to the fact that we weren't going to keep the pots hot in a 40 mph wind![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]All the while, I was pretty worried about my brother and his boys out there in the little boat bobbing like a soda pop can in a disposal. I was very glad to hear that they got it to the beach before they got dumped. Me, BLM, and Fish-4-Food went walking down the East side to find them. It was good to see that they were OK.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I was going to go back and get the boat and stuff the next day after the wind had died down. But that was when Danzilla and Polokid pulled up and offered to go out and pull the boat back in. I quickly took him up on the offer. That big ole tri-hull was pretty amazing in those big 6-foot waves. We got out to the beached boat that was 100% full of water, bailed it out, and tipped it over. Fish finder, tool box, battery, polls, lure boxes, all were completely submerged. A bag of jerky and the gas tank were left floating. But to be honest, I think I will be able to salvage most everything.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Towing the boat back in with a 25 foot rope was also kind of fascinating. The waves were so big that my boat disappeared from site several times right behind us. I would have loved to have a picture of that![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yes, the weather may have been awesome but certainly did not out-do the likes of Danzilla, Polokid, Fish-4-Food, J. Offret, B. Lovelass, BLM, and Fish1on who all helped in one way or another. Thanks guys.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Many of you came from a long ways away ... Heber, Rosevelt, Midvale, and Cache Valley. It was great to meet you all and it was a BIG DISAPOINTMENT that the big dinner didn't happen.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Luckily I kept all the receipts for the groceries and I should be able to take a lot of it back to the stores. Accept for the meat, I should be able to recoup most of the money. So, [#0000ff]for those of you who paid by check[/#0000ff], I haven't cashed your checks yet. I will be shredding your checks. [#008040]For those of you who paid by cash[/#008040], please PM me with a mailing address and I will get you a check in the mail. No doubt that some of you will say "just keep the money". But I could NEVER do that and ever consider putting on another dinner. Nor do I wont to run the risk of being labeled as one of Utah's greatest scammers. You are just going to let me have it my way this time. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]None of you good friends will ever know how badly I wanted to treat you to a blue ribbon Dutch oven dinner. That $6.00 burger I had at Flying-J just didn't seem to cut it. But everything is OK ... everyone is safe, lots of interesting experiences, and had a good time putting some names to faces.[/size][/font]

[Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0035851.jpg]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]This is Fish-4-Food in the "kitchen" just befor the wind hit.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Maybe some other day . . . . . .[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I think road summed it up best when he said "It must be the Curse of the Coot!"[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Coot, I don't think anyone has given up on the idea so you shouldn't either! Reschedule and take it from there. Put the staples in a big plastic box and freeze the meat. I'll be there for the next one and do keep my check. You spent money on food we can use later. If you do decide to shred checks don't shred those electronic payments! Those have been deducted from accounts already! They're just like cash![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I vote for a reschedule if Coot is up for it![/size][/font]
[signature]
Coot,

"Keep the money and reschedule" I will definitly vote for that. BLM is right on!
[signature]
My ovte is reschedule. I got there just after everyone left and was a dissapointment not to meet everyone. Not to mention the poor let down taste buds that were salivating just before I got there just to keep salivating because of complications with the wind. Darn you wind I will get you!!!!
[signature]
definatly re-schedule. I'll be sure to bring the rope and extreme weather gear. lol and we should keep the coast guard on speed dial. I'm all for re scheduling it. plan on me being there. DZ
[signature]
I agree keep the money and reschedule even if it is in a month the fishing will only be better.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile] [font "Arial Black"][red][size 5] COOT, KEEP THE MONEY AND RESCHEDULE THE LUNCH. THIS IS THE FISHING GOD SPEAKING.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 5] Hey Coot old Buddy, I agree with the rest.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 5] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Hey Coot what dissapointment? I had a great time ....... could have been a little bettr in the fish department. But if ya catch them all in one trip then there's nothing to look foward to on the next trip.

Now as for the dinner .............. <very Big Grin> I saw ya praying to the wind gods. There will be other times Coot. I think we should do this about three times a year. Spring, Mid/Late Summer, and Winter. Then we could cover most of the regions of the state. And all of them after awhile. So I say ya can keep mine and FB2s money. We will be coming to the next event (gwad it's hard not to poke some fun here). But I had a good time even witth out the meal. That part is the bounus to these get togethers!

Road
[signature]
Glad to hear everyone made it home safe sounds like it could have been bad. As I was busy with other things yesterday I had an eye to the sky and wished that the weather was alot better at Willard than where I was, guess my wish was not granted. Wasn't able to make it yesterday but if tried again at a later date I will try to make it.
[signature]
Thanks Old Coot for trying to but on the Fish N feed. I know I got what I came up there for on Sat. That is to meet a bunch of you great guys I talk to and read about daily. Hopefully Old Coot doesnt give up on holding the Fish and Feed and can do a reschedule. It is a great idea, oh by the way Old Coot, i have just barely started to warm up from going swimming. One thing to know about swimmers and polo players, we are alot like labridors, hard to keep out of the water. I have often said, I want to take my goggles leave my fishing pole at home and really go fishing!!!! I actually enjoyed the boat rescue mission. Once again I got wet, I am happy!!! this is polokid speaking on Danzillas computer.
[signature]
I agree with the rest of the guys, keep the money, we can do it another time. The food is a bonus, seeing old friends and meeting new ones was the highlight. Don't give up Old Coot, third times the charm. WH2
[signature]
I had to endure the wedding anniversary weekend, and missed out on Coot's wild adventure on the bay. I would have liked to have helped out in some way or another.

I was hoping since I missed out on this eatery experience, that you would reschedule and that this next time, I will be there!

I was out here in Utah County when the storm hit and I had a feeling that there was some drama on the bay. I am elated that Coot is safe and everybody else is too.

The winds were whipping things up down here and Utah lake was all churned up with white caps. I got the basic idea...
[signature]
Yes-ser-eee, Old Coot; ya got to just plan another dinner cause too many of us are wanting to tast that cooki"n of yours. My vote is like the other guys "re-schedual" [Smile]
Also a mighity BIG thanks to "Danzillas and Polokid" for helping drag in Old Coots boat. Now I can truly speek from experince,Must get Bigger Boat with Bigger fish power.
I enjoyed you 2 guy"s and the Help you gave us, in getting Old coots boat back on the dock. Thanks Tons guys.
I"m no worse for wear, and now have a Great fish story to talk about. My two boys took it all in like it was just another day on the lake. [Tongue] All in all it was good fun, plus it was great meeting all you guys. Also I must tip my hat to fish-4-food you hung in threr all day. Thanks everyone. Now lets plan for another (3rd times a charm) Fish-N-Food Day::: [Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Coot, I'm with everyone else, reschedule! I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, I was pretty dissapointed when I drove through around 11 or so and didn't see anyone familiar.
[signature]
I agree Reschedule, Then I might be able to come to the next one.
[signature]
I am all for a re-schedule, I wasn't able to make it to the first gig. I would of had a great time hanging out in the rain. I was stuck at a play with my wife. Let's get it going soon!
[signature]
[size 2]Old Coot, if you planned one of your dutch oven dinners each weekend, our drought would be over fast![/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Even though I've got a few wounds to lick and naps to take, a rematch with Mother Nature is very, veRY VERY tempting. . . . . Hummm, 0 and 3 just doesn't have a very good ring to it . . . [unsure] . . Maybe when the water temps come up a bit and the wipers get a little more active.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sorry that my reply is a little late. I had the water go out on me out at the house Sunday night. I got it back on about 11:00 Monday. I was so ticked off by the time I figured out that it wasn't the pump, just the second of three sets of fuses in the line to the pump, that I stayed home the rest of the day. Now on to a little business.

[shocked]What the @!@#$^ are you thinking Coot? Not have another!?!?!? I drove 3 1/2 hours to get there through wind, rain, snow, hail, and sleet. I may not be the mailman, I'm surely not Santa Claus, but I did deliver my presents.[Wink]
I got to see some of the states best springtime scenery.[cool]

I got to put a few names to faces.[unsure] Not so sure that was a good thing. <just kidding everyone> As my first wife told me "Better a smart a$$ than a dumb a$$, or no a$$ at all."

I would sincerely be rather put out if you did not try again. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Again, and again, and again, until we get to fish, talk, and eat to our hearts content.

It was a great pleasure meeting you Coot. I hope to see you again soon.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks to Fish1on for snapping a picture of Fish-4-Food in the kitchen. (see the top first post of this thread).[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Oh, and by the way, Fish-4-Food and I are already making plans for a rematch with Mother Nature. But this time, there is a good chance it won't be at Willard.[/size][/font]
[signature]