Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper "Records will be Broken"
Did anyone see the "Snapshot of the Week " on Doug Miller? A guy won witha pic of a 23 + wiper 1/4" under the catch and release record. Last year I had several wipers pushing the 23 inch mark. With the lower water levels the last several years the shad population benefits as the lake nutients increase. I also think the the increase wiper limits have helped the forage predator ratio become more balanced. So as the the weather gets warmer and you are trolling for wiper and your drag goes screaming you might be pulling in a new catch and release record.
[signature]
[sly][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Finally something to work towards, I love a challange. OK, we are off and running. Yes I did see Doug Miller last night and I thought that it was funny that he chose that shot as I was over to Smith and Edwards after the escapade yesterday and I was looking at a shot of an 8lb Wiper that some 14 year old kid caught.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I used to fish a lake in Georgia the had a wiper limit of ten fish and 100lb stringers were common. What I loved was every time that you got the fish to the boat and it saw the hull it would make a long screaming run.
[signature]
[Wink] [font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] That would be great, but I would settle for a nice 20 pounder. Some of the lakes in Nebraska have a lot of this .[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] It would be nice to see that happen here.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[signature]
It used to be that you would see six and seven pounders multiple times a year. Funny how no one ever bothered to register them a records. Just like the kid with that 8 lber in the pic. My personal biggest goes seven. I wonder if it will be broken though. I know there are still a few of the big guys in there, but I believe that the increase in number of anglers fishing willard in the last few years, and the ammount of big fish harvested with the increased limits has pretty much cleaned out most all of the wipers that are bigger than three pounds. Its just my opinion based on my own expirience and talking to others. There may be a few big ( over five pounds) fish left, but you used to be able to go out in the spring and guys would be hauling out thier limit of two but they were always very nice fish.
[signature]
I think they should at least limit the number of big fish that anyone can keep to no more than one fish over 20 inches. Too many big fish are being taken. WH2
[signature]