Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isn't it supposed to be summer?
[font "Times New Roman"]I hope I checked my calendar right but I thought we were darn near the middle of June. With the way this weekend went you sure would have thought it was the end of April. Mods, pardon me for the combo report both fishing and riding. I dragged my family up to me to the Nelle for a ½ day fishing trip before a big important soccer game for my 5 year old. The family is very fair weather fisherman and today did not appear to be fair weather. Leaving our home it was very light rain and a warm temperate. Luckily my wife was smart to grab some rain gear and warmer clothes from the trailer boy that paid dividends! We pulled up to the Nelle about 6:30 and were greeted with snow and temps at 35 degrees, I thought this was June? My daughter had picked out a lure at sportsman’s that I thought had no chance of working but hey she is 5. We did put it on the Barbie rod so it was going to catch fish no matter how ugly. It looked like a badly colored Easter egg. But it hooked up and sorry for the crappy pics it was snowing, here is the beast and a smiling little one. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0220.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0221.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0229.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Everyone was all in good spirits we had a fish to the boat and even though it was raining we did spend the $50 bucks in gas to get here so might as well make the most of it. The wind came up and the rods looked like this all morning. Everyone’s optimistic attitude quickly turned into this sucks lets get out of here! I was then informed that I can go out with my forum buddies on these day trips and they will stick to fishing with me while camping during good weather only! The rods did this the whole day… One stinking fish guess when it SNOWS in June the fish do not want to play we saw only one other fish caught on free fishing morning.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0224.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The family had decided they had enough fishing for a while, so we are going to head up by Tibble Fork to go wheeling. We headed up the canyon and they now charge $6 bucks to get up there… It looks like everyone had the idea to go fishing here. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0257.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The good start to the day, besides being able to sleep in was we saw a moose no more than 4 foot off the road and less than 100 yards from the lake! We unloaded the wheelers and what did I spot, I didn’t know LOAH had wheelers or a truck, come to find out he is a Chevy man. Chet will not be happy about that![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0296.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]We ran into muddy conditions but that was fine with me I made the best of it![/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0291.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]At every trail we kept running into snow, in JUNE! Last year at mothers day all of these trails were clear and passable.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0261.jpg][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][Image: 103_0264.jpg][/font]
I hope you all had a nice weekend, time for another week at the salt mines! WILL SUMMER EVER COME? AL GORE is full or it!
[signature]