Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grantsville reservoir
[Smile] fished grantsville with the pontoon , it was mighty slow but did manage to get a 3 # at the end of the day. oh well at leased I caught one.
[signature]
Good, remember something is better than nothing.
[signature]
Bow or brown?
[signature]
Nice job. It seems like the fishing out there has gone way down hill since the carp and SM were planted. Catchin one nice fish is a great day anymore. Way to go.
[signature]
How was the wind out there today? Too bad you didn't get into them. I was Sad to see the carp out there myself, McLennon but the bass don't bother me. Plenty of 'dads to eat, I can't imagine the rainbow population will be affected as it is a catch and keep fishery stocked every year with pan sized slimers. I caught a bruiser 'bow out there a few years ago while fishing after work, I was doing some homework (trig and fishing, what could be better?) with a minnow sittin' under a bobber and caught a bruiser rainbow, had to be a retired brude stock, about 4-5 lbs. If it weren't so ugly I might have kept, it looked like it had been run through a washing machine. Anyways, the fish are there. I hit it a few times last fall with great success. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Sounds good to me! Fishing and homework. Done that one a few times lol The Rainbows won't be affected in the least. There are some very nice trout in there for sure. Last winter my boss and I fished it and caught a bunch over 20". As long as it's stocked, it's good to go.

I'm more worried about the browns. Seems like there are fewer and fewer of them, and more people targeting them. Used to be every year brownies well over 10# were caught. I had a few days years previous targeting the deep water rock ledges where small fish for the day were 4#'s. Last year my top brown was around 5#, although I did hear of a couple monsters being caught. The bass shouldn't do too much. Hopefully they'll keep the carp in check more than anything else.
[signature]
The only browns I caught last fall were well under 12". I suppose that is good in a way as they are they reproducing but trying to keep the carp population down is going to be tough as fast as they grow. Better break out the dough bait and pitchfork [cool].
[signature]
Uh huh. Arrows won't hurt too much either. A lot of my friends out there are taking tons of carp out. Hopefully them, combined with the smallie brownie combo can keep them from taking over.
[signature]
Sounds about like my average trip out there as well, one or two fish and not much else. Still, it's close to home and any day on the water beats sitting at work behind a desk.

It still amazes me that a small reservoir like that can produce such large browns. Hopefully they'll manage to stick around, even with all the fishing pressure.
[signature]