Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/13/08
Fished willard from 7:00am - 2:00pm with RAK. Spent the first couple hours scouting different areas which produced a couple small mouth bass and about 3 wipers. Headed over by the island where it has produced well for me in the past and it didn't let me down. Got on to a couple different schools, it kept us busy for the next 3 hours boating and releasing about 17 wipers and 3 walleyes. One walleye was a nice 22 incher that weight 3 lbs. 13 oz. When the catching slowed we went scouting again and caught a couple more. Nice day on the water with a slight breeze to keep the bugs a way until the time we where ready to go. Surface temperature was 65* - 67*.
[signature]
Nice job Mike! I tried to find you, but i guess you were where i wasn't. We caught 2 wipers and 2 nice eyes.[cool]
[signature]
Nice Wallie!
[signature]
Nice walleye...when you locate a school what lure and technique do you use. thanks for your insight...
[signature]
Red has produced very well the last couple weeks. I troll 3.2mph and try to locate another school where I turn around so I get them on both ends of my loop, some times its easier said than done.
[signature]
We aslo fished Willard yeasterday until 11:30 we boated 6 wipers biggest going 19". The island that you refer to is that the one in the SW corner? We fished by the feedlot and the north end. I am headed back out Sunday morning. Thanks
[signature]