Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Willard Fri 13th Report
[Image: happy.gif] Got out on Friday with Mike "Fishcrazy" Terry on Friday. We launched and began fishing around 10am. We hooked up with our first wiper just outside of the north marina after only about 10 minutes of fishing. It was the nicest wiper of the day at 22 inches. We fished most of the popular spots, getting three more wipers and one walleye (16 inches). We never got more than one fish in the same spot. Walleye was caught at the feed lot. All fish taken on lipless rattle baits. Blue/silver and chart/silver seemed to be the most productive colors. I got my first two wipers ever thanks to Mike...what a nice guy! My first and largest was 19 1/2 inches. I must say that these fish PULL! And this is from a guy with saltwater experience! I'm HOOKED! Also got a mean sunburn! No wind to speak of on Fri. Thanks Mike for a great day on the lake!

Also heard Majja and Luke got out this morning. They caught 4 wipers near the north marina. Majja lost a 22+ at the boat... sucks to be him! [pirate]
[signature]
It was good seeing and meeting you guys at the ramp. You caught some very nice fish.[cool]
[signature]
Brody,

Always good to see you! We seem to run into one another frequently! LOL Hey, give me a holler if you ever want to hook up one of these days... I get Fridays off as well as weekends!

Kevin

PS: Good to meet your cousin too! It was nice of him to offer up jumping in the drink to assist us on Friday.
[signature]
Just curious, with little or no wind, how were the "bugs"?

Also, how is the water level? Twenty foot boats still able to launch?
[signature]