Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mods, please burry this thread!
Ok, i have pretty much got all the stuff worked out. There are still some volunteers needed and other things but here are the main details.
The contest will be held July 12th at Willard Bay's north marina at the Eagle beach Pavilion.

It will be limited to [#ff0000]24[/#ff0000] teams, or a total of [#ff0000]48 [/#ff0000]entrants if someone wants to fish alone. This is due to the time frame for getting a DWR permit. In addition, there is a $9 fee to enter the park if you do not have a state parks pass. All entrants will be required to pay a $15 entry fee. This will help offset the cost of the raffle prizes, the pavilion, food, and the prize money. You must pm tlspyder13 shortly after registering. You will have [#ff0000]10 business days [#000000]to get him the money[/#000000][#000000] after he sends you a return pm. If payment is not received the next entrant on the list will get your spot pending payment. If you can't make the tourney you will forfeit your entrance fees. Make sure you can make the date and time before registering.
You do [#ff0000]NOT NEED A BOAT [#000000]to enter this tournament. Tubers, tooners, and bank fisherpersons can enjoy the event too.
There will be an [#ff0000]8 am[/#ff0000] start time. I would suggest launching your boats(if applicable) and just wait outside the marina within 300 yards to avoid a traffic jam. Nobody will be allowed to leave that area until 8 am. Hopefully BigBuck3333 will be able to do a flare start.

All eligible fish must be at the judging area by [#ff0000]2 pm[/#ff0000] with atleast [#ff0000]1[/#ff0000] member of a boat team. The driver will have until [#ff0000]2:30[/#ff0000] to be at the judging station. Judging will commence at [#ff0000]2:30[/#ff0000] and awards and raffles will be held at [#ff0000]3 pm.
[#000000]The bbq will start as soon as all prizes and awards have been handed out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for the prizes.
There will be 4 possible prizes for entrants to win.
There will be a $100 prize for each of the largest of 3 species. Walleye, wiper, and channel catfish. The longest of each species will be awarded a $100 cash prize. There will also be a $200 cash prize for the most combined inches by any 1 entrant. You will be able to add your 3 longest fish for this prize no matter the species. I will need [#ff0000]3 [#000000]volunteers for judging. Prizes will be based on inches to the nearest 1/8" with a tail pinch for fairness. All ties will be left to the 2 involved to decide weather to split the cash prize or flip a coin for the total amount.[/#000000][/#ff0000]

There will be prizes to raffle for any registered BFT member and those are pending input and money collected.
There will also be a kids only raffle. They do not need to be a registered member.
There will be a table set-up to fill out raffle tickets and sign for your tournament slip. All entrants must sign in before accessing the water at any point.
The details of the bbq are open to input and ideas as well as prizes to be raffled and ideas for the kids. If you have any suggestions, send me a pm.
If you want to donate food, cash, prizes, or any help with fish cleaning, cooking, tables, plates etc, i will start a new thread for that so we can see what we have and will need. I have had several pm's offering assistance for all areas of this so if you are still interested reply to the other thread. The bbq will be open to everyone. If there is anything i missed or questions you have let me know.[cool]

I will have the info on where to send the money tomorrow afternoon.
[/#000000][/#ff0000][/#000000][/#ff0000][/#000000][/#ff0000]
[signature]
I havent read the whole post but I want in for sure. Am I #1 on the list???
TS
[signature]
Count me in, whats the best way to get TLspyder13 the cash? Not sure yet if i'll be alone or with a team.

FF462
[signature]
I need to get in touch with him and see what he wants to do with it.
[signature]
im in a partner to be named later.yes i have flares,they are so cool.never shot one in the air though just at carp. illpm ya brody on some other stuff.
[signature]
im in it to win it!
[signature]
Im in as well. with a partner named at a later date.( cant remember his username) Hey Brody i just read some past posts, I guess you are not working anymore, way to much time to fish!!! Lucky SOB
[signature]
Count us as a team. Me and the Mrs will be there!!M.H.
[signature]
Anyone who wants to enter can send me a PM with how many people you want to enter. The first 48 who respond will be in as long as their money is on time. If there are more then 48 who respond then I will start a waiting list. Anyone who's money hasn't arrived in 10 business days will be dropped and next on the list will be given a chance.

Please include if you plan to fish as a team on a boat or solo from a tube, toon or shore. Not that you will be locked into that but will give us a idea of what to expect.
[signature]
count me in as well. i am new and ready to go. i will fishing with justin koch
[signature]
MGB and RAK want in.

Question: "There will also be a $200 cash prize for the most combined inches by any 1 entrant."

Are you saying you can bring 12 wipers and 12 walleys plus some cat fish (legal limits) to the judging table and combine all fish for total length?
[signature]
I wish you guys good luck with your tournament, wished I could make it, but we'll be returning from Alaska that morning. Maybe next year if you decide to do it again, Thanks LH2 for stepping up to the plate and trying to get more BFT members involved instead of the"SELECT FEW".
[signature]
This question has been asked a few times and the answer will be the total inches of the 3 longest fish you have no matter the species.[Wink]
[signature]
me, anglinangel, and bigdaddybow are in. we will be fishing from a boat.

[signature]
I'm in! :-)
[signature]
Count me and powmow1 in.
[signature]
I will get with you later about some Maniac donations.
I don't want to fish the contest, but we will throw in some Maniac products for your prizes.
Good luck to all!
James
[signature]
Mr and Mrs Crankem are in the tournament.
[signature]
Hey I hate to throw a match in the gas can here, but if your limiting the number of tems or entrants, isn't that the same thing WH2 did that you all were mad about? Just making an observation!!
[signature]
No, it is not the same. We would not even be able to have this if we didn't put the limit at 48 people because the DWR permit takes 60 days to go through. That would put it at the end of august. Way too long to wait. Besides, everyone is invited and the contestants were not selected. It is open to anyone up to 48 people.[Wink]
[signature]