Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield res
went fishing today at scofield. got up there about 9 am. there was just the two of us me and my friend darth baiter. fished all day till about 4pm. fishing was slow .all we caught between the two of us was 4 small rainbow and1 small tiger. all catch and release. we used flat fish lures and minnows. where have all the bigger fish gone that scofield is famous for.[laugh][pirate]
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report and welcome to the site. Too bad the catching was so slow, maybe it was just a slow day but what color flatfish were you using and how fast were you trolling? WH2
[signature]
Word got out 2 years ago Scofield is the place to fish and its had non-stop massive pressure ever since, year around. Its just not big enough of a lake to take that kind of overfishing. As it gets worse, people will give up on it... then the lake will recover until word gets out again and it gets over pressured. Its a cycle and always has been.

-DallanC
[signature]
Two years ago they changed the regs on Scofield and started alowing people to keep 8 fish instead of 4. The DWR said they did it for two reasons. First the number or angler hours were down almost seventy percent I think it was. Second with the regs on Strawberry people wanted a lake where they could keep fish. Add to that there has been little water and a abundance of plants in the lake. Hopefully it will get filled and the fish will get a little bigger again. Last month when I was there I only caught four but they were all nice fish.
[signature]