Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very fun day on Jordanelle...
Well like I was hoping the bass was biting and right off the bat...

I will post the pictures of some of the fish we got today... But the rest of the story will come from my fishing buddy for the day... It was a fun day...[Wink][fishin]
[signature]
Before any one says anything about the blood on the brown, It was not from the brown....

Look at the fingers....[Wink][crazy]

And the last picture is the biggest smallie I got today....[Wink][angelic] [fishin]

And those are only half of the pictures I sent to TD...[crazy]
[signature]
Call me the fortunate one! I saw Cliff's invitation for a trip to Jordanelle shortly after he posted. Needing some schooling in the art of drop shotting, I jumped on it; sent him a PM; and was lucky to be first. We had a great day, catching over 30 fish (five different species). A few of the smallmouths were pushing 3lbs. If I remember correctly, water temp was in the low 60's. The water was slightly turbid, but, according to Cliff, it's clearing up a bit from earlier in the week. Most fish came from less than 10 ft of water. All fish I caught were on the 3" Gulp minnow in smelt. I tried throwing a similar colored tube for a while, but it was not effective. Cliff is very gracious and a good teacher. I learned the "ins-n-outs" of dropshotting. It's been a while since I had the opportunity to fish for smallies, so this was an especially fun day for me. Thanks again Cliff!
[signature]
Those are some nice fish! Great job you guys. Cliff do you ever come up north or do you usually fish down in that area?

thanks for taking the pics fellas
[signature]
I can see you caught old no lips. Some of the largies there have been caught so many times there lips are freaking gone. Only show that catch and release works.
[signature]
I fish up north at times if some one wants to fish a body of water up that way...
[signature]
There are so many fish that I catch or see caught that has hook marks, and I know that if no one used C&R I and many others would have many fishless days...

Last year I caught this one fish 8 times over the year in different parts of the lake, he moved all over the lake...
[signature]
Bassrods:
I always look for your posts as I really enjoy them. I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you tolerating a lot of the crap that some throw at you and only wished you did not even have to stoop to the level of others intolerance by qualifying your brown trout photo to avoid undue and uninvited criticism.

Being a former oaf, I learned that any oaf can throw out uninvited negative comment and that it takes real finesse to take away from any situation a lesson learned. Also, that most people really don't care about my personal negative opinions.

I have bought some of the MOJO pineapples and am trying to learn the tricks. Have caught a couple of trout but nothing consistant. I have been having too much fun with the Wipers and Cats at Willard.

I hope to run into you someday and be able to offer you a cold beverage of your liking.

Thanks again!
[signature]
On some of these hot days a cold drink would be nice...[Wink]
[signature]