Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blonde or Brunette?
I just got back from my first bear hunt ever, and it was a blast even though it didn't last very long!
Monday night was our first night sitting at the baits. At nine o'clock this bear showed her head at about 100 yards away, when she got about 35 yars away I got a really clean shot at her, so I took it. She only went about five feet.
Judging by her teeth and the size of her head I think she was pretty old, but what I'm most excited about was her color. It ranged from a pretty light blonde on the back of her neck to darker chocolate on her legs and muzzle.
Overall it was an awesome hunt, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
[signature]
Congratulations on the bear.
I'm already looking forward to this fall. It will be nice to leave Texas for a little while and get back in the Mountains again.
Just found out a drew an antelope tag in Wyoming!

Idaho controlled draw results should be out in a few days. Good luck to everyone who applied.
[signature]
Hey good to hear from ya! Hope everything's going well in down there in Texas.
[signature]
Very nice coloring! ...can I ask where you hunted (roughly)? Here's a pic of the bear my boyfriend got this spring near Anderson Ranch.
[signature]
Hey Thanks! Sorry it took so long to respond I've been working all weekend. We were hunting about 45 minutes out of stanley. I won't say exactly where because I was a guest hunting with my buddy and his family.
tell your boyfriend congrats on his bear too.
[signature]
Excellent bear. I don't care what everyone else says about the sport. It takes a lot of work and dedication to hunt bears. It is tougher than it sounds. I also got a bear this year, though I am not really happy with the turnout. I shot the wrong one and it ended up being the smallest one on the hill. Congratulations to you and also realladies boyfriend![Smile] This past winter was so long that over here in southeastern idaho that I only had about 2 1/2 weeks to get baits in and get the bears in. All in all it was a good season except for the low harvest results of all my friends.[:/]
[signature]
We dropped the hide off for a shoulder mount to a Ririe taxidermist and he made the same comment about the lack of time to get the barrels in before the end of the season. Anderson Ranch was tough hunting too...see attached photo. [:/]
[signature]
Wow! that's some crazy stuff! It was a little more dry where we were at, but we still had to use 4-wheelers to get over a few big snow drifts, and log jams.

Happy 4th!!!
[signature]
I guarantee that you will probably never forget that little episode! What is the name of the taxidermist that you took your bear to? I too deal with a guy that lives out by ririe.
[signature]
I think it was K & M--his name is Mike, if I recall correctly. First time using him, but he sure had some good stuff hanging in his shop waiting for people to pay up. :-)

Oh that $425 towing fee will make sure that it's not forgotten...he got Joe's "economic stimulus check". [pirate]
[signature]
That is the guy I use also. He does excellent work. I took a mule deer to him three years ago and was impressed when I got it back. Between my friends and I, we keep him pretty busy. Excellent choice and I am sure that you will not be disappointed. I have had hunting trips and fishing trips that has cost a little and I have also not heard the end of it. Tell your boyfriend that I feel for him.
[signature]
Nice bears all, and it looks like you are all having fun. This is my first post on this forum. I have been an active member of the NoDak Outdoors forum for several years.

Anyway, Hello and congrats to those who killed. Here is the one I got this spring. It is small, but it is my best to date. And yes, it is a lot of work. Some people think that b/c you are baiting, it is easy. It can be, but not always so.
[signature]
Welcome to the Idaho forum--it's fairly active. I've been on it for 3-4 years, but I probably do more reading than writing on it. Nice bear--looks like there was a lot of luck in bear hunting this year, except for me...oh well, maybe this fall!
[signature]
Congrats, and welcome to the board! I like the color on your bear.
[signature]