Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dam Newton
Well I woke up at 4 AM to go to Newton this morning and I drove all the way up the I-15 to the SR exit just to find out the dam road was closed. That crap cost me a quarter tank of gas ($32.00). Well in my discuss I drove back to town and just went to Mantua even thought I didn't want to. Caught a bakers dozen but only two over 12 one being 17 inches. My batteries died in my camera so no pictures today. If any one knows if you can get to Newton still thru Logan please let me know because I am thinking about going tomorrow morning. Thanks
[signature]
That road closed is not a good thing for me either.
take the Highway through sardine canyon turn off at Wellsville head North through town.
Good luck!
James
[signature]
The highway through Beaver Dam is open to local traffic only through the summer. There is a dirt road just outside of Fielding called the long divide. It'll bring you out a mile or so outside of Newton. A Utah Recreation map will save your tale at times like that. Sardine is for sure your best bet!!!!!
[signature]
It still makes me sick thinking about that road block. Thanks for the info guy I have a large mouth itch that needs scratched but now I am thinking Idaho is my best bet.
[signature]
I work at Nucor and live in cache valley and there are two roads that lead over to Newton from Plymouth. The short divide will dump you out in Clarkston and the long will come out in Newton. The short is paved on the Cache County side and gravel in Box Elder. The long is dirt all the way. Both roads are very good the short divide has some washboarding. It will probably only take about ten minutes extra to get to Newton. Valley View Highway will be closed until August so if you are going to Newton these roads will be a better choice than Sardine. Very few people drive them so you can drive as fast as you want. If you need better directions pm me and I try and explain it to you.
[signature]
I've been fishing Newton every day. I go west from Richmond. It's been crowded on the weekends, but not bad on Tues. and Wed. I've seen Tigers caught every day, but still none for me. Not many fishermen, just play toys.
[signature]
I dont know what newton you are fishing. I fish newton three to four times a week and that place is starting to get way over fished new people every day. If you dont get there first light you are fishing with over a dozen people right off the bat and then the lazy boys come out around nine and the lake gets really packed at this time, and come ten, ten thirty wakeboard city and hate the boarders when I am fishing but I do have to say it is one of my favorite places to wakeboard.
[signature]
Okay if any one knows of some good large mouth bass lakes close to the border in Idaho give me a shout out I'll try for Newton later on in the year. And I just might have a open slot on my bass boat if you want to split gas.
[signature]
Try evenings. Most of the play traffic is too burned(or drunk), and not that many fishermen.
[signature]
im down to split gas if you wanna go catch some bass this weekend? just let me know
[signature]
Did you ever know I guy out at Nucor named Dan Jarvis???
TS
[signature]
I don't but I haven't been there that long. I actually don't work for Nucor I work for Cache Valley Electric we are out there as a subcontractor.
[signature]
Yes, you can still use sardine canyon to get to Newton but it takes forever. You can go the wellsville fork and head straight north. Or go into logan and head west in the center of downtown logan, I forgot which exact street, since I took the route only twice and I just blundered around, but finally found the right road. That SR 30 closed June 2. I settled on Mantua since then even though they are tiny. Newton is just not worth the drive with all the construction. It took 2 and a half hours to go just to mantua from slc. Usually it's less than an hour. But in sections they got I 15 closed to one lane.......ridiculous.
[signature]