Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak Photo Essay
I just wanted to share some kayak fishing photos taken by some of my friends and aquiantances. I know my passion for kayak fishing seems a little weird in a world of modern boats and electronics. Heck, I have a very nice high dollar powerboat myself. However, these are photos that helped stir my angling blood in a whole new direction. Recently I have shown a few photos of me with little bass and trout caught locally from my paddle boats. But for those that may be interested, there is a whole world of yakkers out there pursuing a fairly new sport. The possibilities are limitless. For a few dollars, you can strap a yak on the roof of your wheels and a whole world of angling opens up. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy my newly adopted sport. Actually, it has become an all encompassing obsession. (Sorry Poncho, another non-report. LMAO)

Good Kayak Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l18045.jpg]

[Image: l18382.jpg]

[Image: l18261.jpg]

[Image: l17412.jpg]

[Image: l20187.jpg]

[Image: l19950.jpg]

[Image: l24474.jpg]

[Image: l27937.jpg]

[Image: l35972.jpg]

[Image: l34852.jpg]

[Image: l34778.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]A lotta cool pix there, Mr. K. But those puny little thresher sharks are wimps. If you really wanna show some hair, get in a shark donut (float tube) and go after the big boys.

Here's a pic of what it's really all about.

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0226316.jpg]

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water.
[signature]
Hey Kayote,
All I can say is WOW.[cool] You are making it harder for me to wait to get a yak showing pictures like that. Thanks for the photo essay. Can you give us a run down on what the fish are. Sharks in the yak with me, I'm not that brave yet![crazy]
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Tincanfsh,

The first 2 are thresher sharks, then a salmon and halibut together, then a dorado (dolphinfish), then a yellowtail and California halibut, calico bass, ling cod, California halibut and the last three are white seabass.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
ooowwww those pictures hurt ! your making me miss the ocean more and more

aquaman
[signature]
Tell me about it. I jones for it constantly. I have been out twice in the last year. I used to do a lot of ocean fishing on the charters, but the yaks put the cattle boats to shame. Something about the stealth and super slow troll. You even make your own live bait with sabiki rigs. They even have live bait tanks you can make yourself for a yaks. Live spanish macs all day. I like tubing also like Tube Dude, but the difference in a yak is you can cover 20 miles in a day. Plus you can carry a lot more gear. I really miss baja, it's a part of my soul. I have a week long yellowfin tuna trip scheduled for August this year. I have a family connection with H&M landing out of San Diego, ie free and discounted trips. Life is very very good.

Good Ocean Fishing. Kayote
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Freshwater is a very distant second to the saltwater. Heck, in August you may see the exotics starting to move north with the warmer water. The tuna are great but airborne, tail dancing Dodos are are hard to beat! Good luck on that tuna trip. I am very envious![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The only consolation I have is that we'll be fishing SF Bay in the middle of June. Stripers, leopards, and 'buts are a poor substitute for tuna though. I guess we'll have to see if the albies are that far north![/size][/font]
[signature]
i pretty much jones for the ocean too i was a deckhand for seven years. i'm heading to CA. next week to visit my mom i'll get some of my pics she has and see if i cant get some posted

aquaman
[signature]
What part of Cal you going to?. You know you can rent yaks for fishing all up and down the coast. Just a thought. I actually just bought some 3 piece inshore ocean travel rods from Bass Pro for $100 each. They are very nice if you fly in.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
i'm only going as far apple valley theres a couple of little lakes and ponds close by i hope to hit

aquaman
[signature]
i hope you hooke into a nice ray, they can fight forever and from hat i hear can rival tuna in shear lenght of fight.
[signature]