Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A++ Fishing weekend… blue and deer(pics
[font "Calibri"]I fished the Deer on Friday morning with some good luck and fast action. Here is the fun part. Got there at about 7am and finished at 11am-Fished with rapalas and jigs all morning with good luck and had my the biggest smallie I have ever seen but lost her in the battle. At that point I had about 10-15 smallies but I mean smallies see pic.[/font]
[inline P6270023.JPG]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]But then just for fun I took my fly pole out and put a bead head and was casting about 10-15 feet out and the action actually got faster I had about 13 in less than an hour(all where small but a lot of fun).[/font]

[inline P6270030.JPG]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[inline P6270031.JPG]

[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Finally fished blue lake with my girlfriend and can just say thanks TD for the hints. [/font]
[inline P6280014.JPG]

[font "Calibri"]Did ok on LM but no pics was actually walking around the entire lake where the divers are and left my cam with my GF and found a part of the lake where I kid you not there is only 3-5lb bass (huge) at least for me. Then I came back to the dock and fished for blue gill and tilapia, no tilapia but the gills where on a row up until the divers got there and took over the lake (nice people dough).[/font]
[inline P6280005.JPG]

[font "Calibri"]Then Tilapia time and let me tell you, they are within hand reach but they get scared really easy but you can still see them. I only couth about 10 dough . I must the being doing something wrong, worms, lures, jigs, and something i will never use again(thanks for letting me know friend) no workie. But guess what did? Good thing I had my fly rod with me. Here is few pics enjoy. Round trip was about 300 miles from SLC and that dirt road needs some serious TLC.[/font]
[inline P6280023.JPG]

And can you guess whats for dinner.........
[inline P6280026.JPG]

[#0000ff]Thanks again TD.....[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good Report!! I didnt know there was a place to catch tilapia!! Where abouts is blue lake?
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=387550;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=387550;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]

here you go!!!!
[signature]
Keep all the tilapia you can catch, they are going to take over those lakes. Good table fare to boot.
[signature]
Wife loves em. Looks like I will be planning a windover trip! Didnt know I could go fishing while I was out there!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report and nice pics. Thanks for a good pictorial. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those small smallies are fun on the right tackle...and flyrods are ideal. They are certainly not bashful about hitting almost anything you put in front of them. Almost make you think you are a bass expert. Too bad you didn't get touch the big mama. But, at least you have the memory.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you found some good fish at Blue Lake. Those tilapia are sometimes cooperative and sometimes finicky. Kinda like other fish...and humans. At least you scored a couple for the table. They are fine eating.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How were the bugs?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[crazy] it's like bug on steroids i swear nothing works on them. But it was well worth it.
[signature]
TD went back to the Deer for a second round with only one intention (EYE) and was not disappointed and i found one mama. [Wink]
love them gulp minnows!!!

[inline P6290031.JPG]

[inline P6290040.JPG]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]EXCELLENT. Dine well.[/#0000ff]
[signature]